Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD... it's back? (and cheaper?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the text today about the price reduction too (actually it wasn't technically me that got the text, but a number I removed from my account over 2 months ago - I do wonder about their back end systems). Checking the account page it hasn't come through yet, but it did say "shortly". I reckon it should be £1,560 cheaper for my options.

Reactions: navt
My original order was LR AWD, 19" wheels in Pearl white, no FSD, total cost was £50,800.
I've priced up a M3P in Pearl White, full performance package, total cost £49,990.

I'm aware that Tesla will probably amend my invoice and the total will reduce, but I can now go Full Fat and have the Performance version for less than I was going to originally pay.

I cannot understand why so many people car complaining about these price changes. Its a no brainer to go full fat.

Reactions: MorayEVGuy
I had ordered P3-, white with white interior then they went and changed the prices so I dropped my order to the LR AWD because the slightly slower acceleration but more range and comfort was a good trade-off for £3.5k saving.
Now I see that the GMFV on PCP for the LR AWD is the same as the SR which, if it doesn't change, makes the P+ monthly payment cheaper.
Decisions, decisions...

Someone same position phoned up and they said if you want the discounted price you need to reorder without the 19s, it was in another thread.
There have been a few more posts since. People got a text confirming price would be changed for both SR+ 19's and LR AWD 19's

Some still being told they wont get the reduction by sales. What a mess.

I've no text yet, didn't want to email them, but if I don't get a text today I will be emailing them to find out whats going on.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Seems that sales are saying no price reduction whille delivery team are saying yes it will be applied. *Sighs*

My take is that if the reduced price is applicable to the exact spec you previously ordered then they will automatically honour the reduced price, however messy the process (Tesla have always done this historically). But if your original spec no longer exists in the new pricing regime (e.g. you originally ordered 19" wheels or P-) then it requires a change of spec to something compatible with the new pricing. They simply don't appear to have the ability to fudge a lower price up for a spec that no longer exists. I expect the sales guys (especially green ones!) are just as confused as customers at this point and hence sending out mixed messages about what can and can't be done.

In theory they could sell me a P- for £2,050 less than a P+ (under the revised pricing) since the Performance upgrade pack now shows up as a £2,050 line item on my agreement. So the price difference is very clear. But whether they are authorised to actually do that or even able to physically supply a P- spec car (now deleted) are unknowns at this point.

I have just checked my Tesla account after phoning yesterday to change my order from P- to LRAWD. The new order agreement is there with the reduced price. Interestingly, the order number and date of order have not changed so I hope the time-frame for delivery is the same but with Tesla who knows?

• Informative
Reactions: fakoriginal
I have just checked my Tesla account after phoning yesterday to change my order from P- to LRAWD. The new order agreement is there with the reduced price. Interestingly, the order number and date of order have not changed so I hope the time-frame for delivery is the same but with Tesla who knows?

Do you know if your VIN changed?