Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR vs Plaid seat question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a 22 LR and the only portion of the seats that have the small holes for the ventilation are the center section going from the back down under the ass and thighs.
I had a loaner plaid from Tesla the other day, 21MY and I noticed that the lateral support also had the small holes like it was ventilated. However I started looking at plaids online and didn’t see any others with the holes there.

Anyone know if this was a plaid option or something because up until the new sport seats I wasn’t aware of any difference between LR vs plaid seats

I'm confused (ok, happens more than I'd like). Was your 2021 loaner a Model S Plaid or a Model Y (there is no Plaid Model Y). I'm fairly sure a Model S 2022 LR and Model S 2022 Plaid have the same seats.
I meant MY as in model year haha my bad. That’s the impression I was under as well but the seats in my 22 MS do not have the ventilation holes on the lateral bolsters and this plaid did

not speaking of the very new sports seats, there has always been a difference in the seats of the long range and the plaid.
long range is as you described in your first post. plaid have a black contrast liner and the artificial leather has holes in the side portions, s far as I know they are not specially ventilated, but there are always there (but only in the plaid seats)
what I say is at least valid for he European cars