Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lucid Air 360 deg view.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never had this feature before in any car so i may not understand if there is a demand for it but not once have i thought "Oh man! this park job would have been a whole lot easier if i had a birds eye view."
I understand it's a nice thing to have but if you are using curb rash as your ****en reason as to why you need it, then you need to learn how to park. I have never curbed my wheels before and am always confused how people do it.

Yes it's a great feature to have but it's not that big if a necessity. There is one was to convince tesla to maybe implement it though. You just go and buy the Lucid. I'm sure if you all go and buy a Lucid, he would be convinced to switch. (Also might help me get my model S faster... ignore that)
Wow. That's a pretty snarky post. Your parking prowess must be remarkable. I think most of us who have scraped wheels on a curb know how to ****en park. It still happens -- so be careful out there.

Some locations where I work have absurdly narrow parking spaces bordered by unforgiving bulky concrete columns. In a pinch there have been times where I would have appreciated having a 360 view to better see my location. There are also times where I'd like to know where front of car is in relation to a parking space line. Whatever. Not sure why you need this feature set justified. It's not just for the parking-impaired and many manufacturers, from budget level to luxury, offer a 360 view. As a full-featured bleeding edge tech car company, just surprised and a little bummed Tesla doesn't include it.

Why doesn't tesla have birds eye view cameras?

Because its unnecessary, I've used a car with that crap and it made parking more difficult. Just look in the damn mirror and park. if you cant do that then go back to drivers ed and learn how to park then get back on the road.
I know, we are all fools. Try to understand that everyone is not flawless like you. Have some flexibility in your set ways.

I know, we are all fools. Try to understand that everyone is not flawless like you. Have some flexibility in your set ways.
I didn't mean to anger the group. Sheesh.

At same time, I assume some might be annoyed if their car didn't have cruise control, but I mean, seriously if so they need to learn how to drive and properly modulate acceleration and braking. It's not rocket science! And don't get me started on those who want automatic climate control. Can't they just learn to adjust fans manually like a human? Automatic hi-beam? What are we uneducated buffoons? Just adjust the lights yourself!!!

No reason to bicker over the necessity of what are clearly convenience features in a car chock full of convenience features. Is this where the line is crossed?

I'm not going to die on this hill. Just posting a comment on a forum....where people are known to post comments. But, to all you grumpy parkers: get off my lawn!

Last edited:
I didn't mean to anger the group. Sheesh.

At same time, I assume some might be annoyed if their car didn't have cruise control, but I mean, seriously if so they need to learn how to drive and properly modulate acceleration and braking. It's not rocket science! And don't get me started on those who want automatic climate control. Can't they just learn to adjust fans manually like a human? Automatic hi-beam? What are we uneducated buffoons? Just adjust the lights yourself!!!

No reason to bicker over the necessity of what are clearly convenience features in a car chock full of convenience features. Is this where the line is crossed?

I'm not going to die on this hill. Just posting a comment on a forum....where people are know to post comments. But, to all you grumpy parkers: get off my lawn!
I was objecting to airborne spoon who has said I (and others) was stupid for having an opinion differing from his. His response was moved, and these posts also may be moved by moderators. I don't like personal attacks in forums, particularly when they are from intolerant people. BTW, I think it is a safety feature, not a convenience feature, if it prevents damage to my car.

Because its unnecessary, I've used a car with that crap and it made parking more difficult. Just look in the damn mirror and park. if you cant do that then go back to drivers ed and learn how to park then get back on the road.
It makes things much easier. Not sure why anyone would say it makes it harder. Try the BMW birdseye view. It does a fantastic job. Cracks me up how people crap all over birdseye, but have to have FSD. LOL

I was objecting to airborne spoon who has said I (and others) was stupid for having an opinion differing from his. His response was moved, and these posts also may be moved by moderators. I don't like personal attacks in forums, particularly when they are from intolerant people. BTW, I think it is a safety feature, not a convenience feature, if it prevents damage to my car.
Oh, yeah, sorry. I understood your post. I agree with your comments.

Have you ever seen Elon admit he was wrong on anything? The closest he ever came was saying he underestimated humans for battery production, but I've yet to see/hear/read about Elon actually publicly admitting he was wrong.
I have heard/read him admit multiple times that he was wrong about producing the X before the more mass market 3 (because the X took so long to get to market due to it’s unnecessary complexity and consumed so many internal resources) and wrong about trying to over-automate the first M3 production line (a very expensive mistake which significantly delayed M3 production and almost killed the company). He clearly took direct responsibility for those mistakes.

Yes, he has for years underestimated the difficulty in achieving FSD and he has acknowledged that. But I expect that goal will be achieved in a year or two.

I disagree. The way the cameras are arranged. 360 degree view would have to be a vector space visualization in parts. We do not have a bird's eye view in the current implementation. We have what we had when Musk made his comment, nothing more. He was responding to a request for 360 degree view, so more is supposed to happen. Whether it will, I will agree, is anyone's guess. Lucid's implementation may move things along at Tesla.
Are you saying the Lucid 360 is a vector space 360?

Btw, Elon tweet on Oct 2, 2020 was a couple of weeks before before even the first early access users got this:
1636404210701.png

which can absolutely be considered vector-space 360 view. So can this:
1636404411515.png

Reactions: beachmiles

Because its unnecessary, I've used a car with that and it made parking more difficult. Just look in the mirror and park. if you cant do that then go back to drivers ed, learn how to park then get back on the road.
The front bumper on my M3 sits pretty low. Many times I've wished we had a birds eye view of the front to avoid pushing the bumper over the parking stop.

Also, maybe cameras are unnecessary for some, but you can then say the same for autopilot, FSD, backup cameras, etc. If the feature can help some and doesn't complicate the system, then why not implement it?

The front bumper on my M3 sits pretty low. Many times I've wished we had a birds eye view of the front to avoid pushing the bumper over the parking stop.

Also, maybe cameras are unnecessary for some, but you can then say the same for autopilot, FSD, backup cameras, etc. If the feature can help some and doesn't complicate the system, then why not implement it?
I've lowered my S and I have still never hit a curb, its not rocket surgery just know your car and when in doubt stop short.

In the early months of owning a new car you stop short when pulling into a spot and when you walk away from the car look back and see the distance, take a mental note, and adjust the next time you park if necessary.
Also pulling into a spot is a bad practice and you should always back in as its more efficient and safer.

I've never had this feature before in any car so i may not understand if there is a demand for it but not once have i thought "Oh man! this park job would have been a whole lot easier if i had a birds eye view."
I understand it's a nice thing to have but if you are using curb rash as your ****en reason as to why you need it, then you need to learn how to park. I have never curbed my wheels before and am always confused how people do it.

Yes it's a great feature to have but it's not that big if a necessity. There is one was to convince tesla to maybe implement it though. You just go and buy the Lucid. I'm sure if you all go and buy a Lucid, he would be convinced to switch. (Also might help me get my model S faster... ignore that)
Pulling in and out of tight garage between cars with very tight clearances is a good reason.

Reactions: beachmiles and DCEV
I have heard/read him admit multiple times that he was wrong about producing the X before the more mass market 3 (because the X took so long to get to market due to it’s unnecessary complexity and consumed so many internal resources) and wrong about trying to over-automate the first M3 production line (a very expensive mistake which significantly delayed M3 production and almost killed the company). He clearly took direct responsibility for those mistakes.

Yes, he has for years underestimated the difficulty in achieving FSD and he has acknowledged that. But I expect that goal will be achieved in a year or two.
So NYC to LA with no human intervention by end of 2023? Robotaxi service up and running with FSD enabled tesla's driving around on their own, by end of 2023?

Your funny. LOL

Reactions: Darren Donovan