Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lucid Gavity šŸ˜² Awesome.. 440 Mi Range @ about $80K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_8943.jpeg
IMG_8941.jpeg
IMG_8942.jpeg
IMG_8948.jpeg

I donā€™t like the Saudi backing, but they make a very nice car and I hope they succeed.
I donā€™t like the communist Chinese and their dictator either; But weā€™ve grown to compromise šŸ˜¬ Batteries, software & other components on Teslas come from China, just like almost all of our phones šŸ˜³
All the EV start up companies need Huge amount of financial šŸ’° backing šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Reactions: Maxdriver
I was shocked when I first saw the announcement. And then I realized what they meant was starting at below $80k and you can upgrade up to 440 miles. So, very likely the below $80k one wonā€™t have 440 mile range. But if Iā€™m wrong, then itā€™s a good thing for the customers.

Good analysis. That's how it works in the car industry. The "start" price usually doesn't buy the most expensive features like acceleration and range...

The Lucid Air is probably a good indicator for how pricing on the various trim levels on the Gravity will interact with range.

Air Pure - $78,900 - 406 miles
Air Touring - $96,500 - 406 miles
Air Grand Touring - $140,500 - 516 miles

If I was a betting man, there will be a Gravity Pure trim that will have 350+ miles of range for the quoted base price.

I was shocked when I first saw the announcement. And then I realized what they meant was starting at below $80k and you can upgrade up to 440 miles. So, very likely the below $80k one wonā€™t have 440 mile range. But if Iā€™m wrong, then itā€™s a good thing for the customers.

Yeah, this is a very common industry trick. You quote the specs of the top trim and the price of a completely different entry level model. It's sad.

Reactions: PCTAZRichard
Good analysis. That's how it works in the car industry. The "start" price usually doesn't buy the most expensive features like acceleration and range...
Looking at the order page for the Lucid Air:
Base Model $77k, AWD: +$5k
To get the full range you need to upgrade to the grand touring model which starts at $125k

Of course thereā€™s also the fact that theyā€™re tied to the cluster of a charging system called Electrify Americaā€¦

edit: from the page:
pricing for Gravity will start under $80,000.Ā²
ā€¦
2. Pricing for U.S. market only. Excluding tax, title, license, options, destination and other fees. Pricing subject to change

Last edited:
Looking at the order page for the Lucid Air:
Base Model $77k, AWD: +$5k
To get the full range you need to upgrade to the grand touring model which starts at $125k

Of course thereā€™s also the fact that theyā€™re tied to the cluster of a charging system called Electrify Americaā€¦
Lucid to Adopt North American Charging Standard (NACS), Bringing Greater Convenience to Lucid Customers assuming they are still up and running by then. It's pretty much only VW we have to worry about at this point from a charging quality standpoint.

• Informative
Reactions: sleepydoc
The charge point behind the fender is a major fiasco. Once NACS becomes standard, especially with Tesla selling superchargers
to others (BP contract) we will see more and more of these parked sideways over 2-3 stalls to be able to reach the cable. I wish
these people used their heads better. The 15ft EA, ChargePoint, EvGo cables are a total PITA to handle BTW.

Lucid to Adopt North American Charging Standard (NACS), Bringing Greater Convenience to Lucid Customers assuming they are still up and running by then. It's pretty much only VW we have to worry about at this point from a charging quality standpoint.
Hadnā€™t heard they were moving to NACS. They still have EA on their web site: ā€œJuice up wherever you journey with Electrify Americaā€

Personally, I donā€™t own a VW so I dontā€™ worry about charge quality with them! Of course, the issue isnā€™t with the plug, itā€™s with the chargers themselves and the network. From the release it appears Lucid will be able to access Teslaā€™s Network but if all you do is slap NACS connectors on the same crappy EA network you still have the same problem.