Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Upgrade Scheduling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The app shows the car is in the building! They're draining its energy! Aaaaaaaaargh!!!

IMG_2479.PNG

I'm told they are about to flash the firmware, although at the moment I still don't see the car on the app. Looks like I won't get the car back in my hands until tomorrow.
Yeah, mine took 4 days (including drop off and pick up). Trust me, you'll forget about it like 2 seconds after you start driving again.

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked the tracker and there are no 7.1 entries for yo mama, sorka, or thimel. (Did I miss anyone who has posted that they have already received the upgrade? I checked those three off the top of my head.)
My phone tells me the update is ready for me. I had to tell my phone to shut up because I'm still at work and become easily distracted.

Welcome to the L-waitlist club! I also decided to splurge on the upgrade and gave Flash a nice Christmas present (ok, gave myself one :biggrin:)
Good to hear. You'll have fun with it, trust me. What is crazy is when it doesn't feel fast any more because you sort of get used to traveling at warp speed. But then you'll drive something else for a little while and you can tell right away something is very, very wrong... like you're wearing someone else's underwear. For example, I recently drove my wife's 4-wheel drive Honda Pilot up and around Lake Tahoe for five days (because of snow) and it felt like I was driving a drunken walrus. So infuriating in so many ways. Got back yesterday and the P85D felt like new again.

Good to hear. You'll have fun with it, trust me. What is crazy is when it doesn't feel fast any more because you sort of get used to traveling at warp speed. But then you'll drive something else for a little while and you can tell right away something is very, very wrong... like you're wearing someone else's underwear. For example, I recently drove my wife's 4-wheel drive Honda Pilot up and around Lake Tahoe for five days (because of snow) and it felt like I was driving a drunken walrus. So infuriating in so many ways. Got back yesterday and the P85D felt like new again.

OK boys and girls. The take-away from this post is that yo mama knows what it feels like to wear someone else's underwear, and also what it feels like to drive a drunken walrus. Sounds like someone everyone will want to hang with at TMC Connect! He's got to have some stories!

Haha good one. Next time, take your P85D to the snow and forget the Honda!
As long as you have 19" all-seasons (or even better, winter tires) you'll be just fine - trust me, I took mine to Wyoming and Utah and it did just fine in the high snow and super-low temps!

Anyway, back to Ludicrous upgrade: is anyone on here getting theirs upgraded in Fremont these days? If so, when did you place your deposit?

Yeah, mine took 4 days (including drop off and pick up). Trust me, you'll forget about it like 2 seconds after you start driving again.

Yeah, I'm trying to chill. They have me in a Camry at the moment, so the change will be dramatic indeed. They offered to have my car returned earlier today with a private wrecker service because their flatbed wasn't available until later in the afternoon and I told them that I was cool to wait until later in the day. They thanked me saying they pay $650 for the tow. They really should be able to get better rates than that.

Cooincidentally, my 911 is also in the shop at the moment and the difference between Tesla and Porsche couldn't be more clear. Porsche didn't offer me a loaner and seems to have lost my phone number. The only time I ever get an update from them is when I call and even then they seem somewhat annoyed that I expect to be kept informed.

Just dropped mine off. I got a sweet Hyundai Santa Fe to roll in during the interim so I feel you LetsGoFast on the contrast comment. Also, Sounded like at least one of the ones before me was out for a test drive this morning....

Apparently both uber's car and mine have completed the upgrade and have passed the test drive. However, they aren't allowed to return the cars to us until California pulls the logs from the test drive and confirms that ludicrous mode is working as expected. It still isn't answering the app, but I guess that just adds to the fun.