Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Upgrade Scheduling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it! And yes, with 7.1. I tried it out on the DC Beltway, and I can feel the additional acceleration above 50 mph.

Attachments

• IMG_2174 2.JPG
    IMG_2174 2.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 117
Got it! And yes, with 7.1. I tried it out on the DC Beltway, and I can feel the additional acceleration above 50 mph.

Congratulations! I hope the upgrade met your expectations.

Quick question: have you signed up to teslalog.com? If not, could you please login and let us know if you see the BP01 option in your list?
Here's the thread for details on the site: TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

For background, Tesla's API provides a list of all options on each vehicle they produce, and someone on here has been able to identify the Ludicrous codes:

Looking more into the code it seems I can update the options decoder with some work.

Regarding Ludicrous option codes.

BP01 = Ludicrous Speed Upgrade
BP00 = No Ludicrous
BR01 = Range Upgrade (90kWh)
BR00 = No Range Upgrade

We'd like to figure out if P85D models that were upgraded to Ludicrous will now show BP01.
Letsgofast reported during his upgrade procedure the SC had this to say:

They did say they would have to redo the firmware. I wonder if there is already a sub release or if they just have to reconfigure the same version.

And GG had a good question regarding firmware:

Was curious about this, in the context of 7.1 now. Hope it's more of a config difference rather than a release fork, purely from a stability/maintainability perspective.

Siucity upgraded but did not see a mention of Ludicrous on his:

That's the page I looked up, and no mention of Ludicrous.

Siucity, could you please add the following tag to your URL when on the car info page?
&debug=true&show_all=true

It will show all the codes returned by the Tesla API. Thanks!

Stuck on the fence here regarding the upgrade ... and happy to stay here a while longer while you guys collect more real world experience.
Apparently Tesla isn't saying anything about Musk's "6 month offer". I guess technically 1-17-2016 could be interpreted as a cut-off date.
Anybody know or care to speculate on whether or not this will be enforced (in the US) ?

Hmm... second report after @thimel's of a 7.1 failure on a Ludi-equipped P85D. :scared:

Was @siucity the sole survivor of Ludi + 7.1 ?!

FWIW I had the 7.1 upgrade done at night in my garage over wifi, and charger plugged in.

- - - Updated - - -

Siucity, could you please add the following tag to your URL when on the car info page?
&debug=true&show_all=true

It will show all the codes returned by the Tesla API. Thanks!

Just did it, and no codes beginning with BP or BR.

I think I need to take a picture of my dash just to prove I do have a P85D. ;)

Ah. That's weird then. I haven't been able to connect using the official app, Visible Tesla or Remote S for days now. The official app says "waking car" and spins forever and the other two just return their last known fix.

It either spontaneously fixed itself or the silent watchers from California saw my plea and fixed it. It's charging away waiting for the tow company with shiny new software onboard.

OK boys and girls. The take-away from this post is that yo mama knows what it feels like to wear someone else's underwear, and also what it feels like to drive a drunken walrus. Sounds like someone everyone will want to hang with at TMC Connect! He's got to have some stories!

When he mentioned wearing someone else's underwear and his wife in consecutive sentences, I thought the post was going in a different direction than it eventually did.

Just did it, and no codes beginning with BP or BR.

I think I need to take a picture of my dash just to prove I do have a P85D. ;)

Thanks for trying! I guess the BP & BR codes are limited to P90D models (or P85Ds built after the Ludicrous announcement).

No need to prove you have the upgrade to anyone! But you could also show the "Driving" screen that shows Ludicrous (vs. Insane).

Also, did you get the line under the P85D badge on the passenger side of your trunk?

Thanks for trying! I guess the BP & BR codes are limited to P90D models (or P85Ds built after the Ludicrous announcement).

No need to prove you have the upgrade to anyone! But you could also show the "Driving" screen that shows Ludicrous (vs. Insane).

Also, did you get the line under the P85D badge on the passenger side of your trunk?

Yep, it's there. Just looked back on my invoice, and it shows up as:

Part Quantity Unit Price

P90D LUDICROUS CHROME BAR BADGE

(1067217-00-B)

I kinda wished they kept Insane as an option on that screen, but only for looks. Sport -> Insane -> Ludicrous!

Stuck on the fence here regarding the upgrade ... and happy to stay here a while longer while you guys collect more real world experience.
Apparently Tesla isn't saying anything about Musk's "6 month offer". I guess technically 1-17-2016 could be interpreted as a cut-off date.
Anybody know or care to speculate on whether or not this will be enforced (in the US) ?

I attempted to find out about a week ago, by writing to Tesla, and posted about it in this thread. (Copied below.)

My best guess is that they probably aren't going to cut it off on January 17th, but I didn't want to take a chance, so I went ahead and paid my deposit a couple of days ago. I think not making a deposit by January 17th is living dangerously.

Are they going to be shutting off the upgrade option in a couple of weeks once we hit the six month deadline? That would be pretty unreasonable as they haven't done a material number of upgrades. Hopefully that six months is actually "Musk months" which are very different than astronomical months.

That's a very good question.

Yesterday I wrote to the address on the order form on the website, to ask what the cut off date for ordering was, and if the list of SC's where the update could be done was available yet. I was told the list was not yet available, and that they did not know how long the update would be available at the Musk six-month pricing.

I responded, saying that I was concerned about making a non-refundable deposit without knowing where I could get the work done, since I live quite a distance from any service center. I asked if I made the deposit and then found that there was no convenient service center performing the update, would the deposit be refunded.

I received a response saying that the list of Service Centers performing the updates should be out by the end of the month, and that if I was concerned I should wait.

I responded to ask if I would have any assurance that I would still be able to order at that time, since a previous response had stated that they did not know when the offer would end. I pointed out that six months from the date Elon Musk made the announcement would be January 17, which is well before "the end of the month."

I have not received a reply to my most recent response.