Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Upgrade Scheduling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has there been a stall in the upgrades or are people just not reporting them anymore?

I have been #9 on my SC's list and haven't heard anything in almost a month.
Is there any indication that they have halted them, maybe due to the bolt issues?

That's excellent news!

If I remember correctly, you signed up even later than I did, which was New Year's Day; different SC, obviously.

Yes, it was later than New Year's Day. I just checked my records, and it was January 12. (I was just making sure to get in before the six-month cut-off, if Tesla had chosen to cut off updates six months after the Ludicrous announcement.)

I don't know to what extent the distance I live from the SC may be factoring in. I'm more than two hundred miles from the nearest SC. I had called shortly after ordering the update and expressed my hope that the update could be completed along with my 24,000 mile service, which I thought (at the time) I'd be ready for in about three months. I called again a few weeks ago to see how things were looking and received a call back a day or two later, offering to schedule the annual service and the Ludicrous update (along with some other small things that we've been waiting on) at the same time.

Thank you everyone for confirming that the upgrade program is still progressing.
Maybe we're just a little bit slow around here.

It's also interesting to note that there seems to be wiggle room in the schedule, as reported by Andy.
This seemingly contradicts the previous notion of targeted installs, in that "parts just show up" at the SC to be installed in specific cars.

I was told that I would be getting a call in a couple weeks from Paramus after my reservation fell into a black hole between Mt Kisco and Paramus initially. That was 3 weeks ago and they said they are waiting for the next batch of parts after scheduling a few upgrades. I hate to call every two weeks but I fear getting lost again even though I put a deposit down on the first day it was available.

image.png

My P85D just went offline, upgrade procedure in progress at Fremont....

Long story, I was confirmed 3rd in line at Fremont the day after the P90D announcement, but they forgot about me. Had to work with Fremont and provide paper trail of my July 2015 conversation with the service manager to get this scheduled. So, I am "3rd in line", but they have done well over 20 of these upgrades in Fremont.

You say things like this and I realize my order from September 30 at Tyson's is still pending. I guess it's worth an email to see if I'm still on the list.

We really are connected at the hip! :)

Do you have any sense of how many upgrades they have done there?

I did not ask them that. I had been waiting patiently for them to contact me when I had some other minor issues pop up. While I was on the phone with them, I asked about the Ludicrous upgrade. I was one of the first on the list and I paid the downpayment o 9/28. I am not sure why they didn't contact me.