Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Upgrade Scheduling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got mine back from Rocklin yesterday returned with the new battery pack. It wasn't a 90 but it came from Fremont delivered with everything already installed. They just had to reinstall back into the car and software update. Was charged $337 extra in tax, so that was a bit disappointing but just like the others say, still worth it! Most notably in the 30 and up acceleration. My wheels even tried to spin when I punched it at 30. Never noticed that type of reaction with insane.

However, I would like to thank everyone who is posting their upgrades and their performance impression here or on the performance thread.
It makes the wait much more bearable!

I would like to curse them :p ... as they are causing me to seriously doubt my earlier decision to forego the upgrade. It appears to still be available on the website, and while my Insane grin is as excellent as ever, now I find myself Ludicrously seeking even more ... I guess I better see if they have a P90DL at the local SC and get a test drive ...

• Funny
Reactions: Andyw2100
I would like to curse them :p ... as they are causing me to seriously doubt my earlier decision to forego the upgrade. It appears to still be available on the website, and while my Insane grin is as excellent as ever, now I find myself Ludicrously seeking even more ... I guess I better see if they have a P90DL at the local SC and get a test drive ...

just do it, brother. at $5k instead of $10k, you will get the money back when it's time to sell.

and you'll be a lot happier between now and then. :)

Here in Finland we were supposed to have first installs made already in February and many had install dates already booked. Then they were suddenly cancelled and postponed without any new install dates. Perhaps the delay is because we will receive the "secret sauce" in our upgrades... ;)

And the saga continues. After calling for months at both Paramus and Mt kisco and getting the standard "yeah yeah you are on a list just can't tell you where"I was told that tesla was unaware of my deposit. After providing credit card info Mt kisco said I was scheduled in Paramus. Paramus tells me two weeks.
After two weeks I call and get someone at service who says the manager has that list and is out for another 5 days but we will call you Monday. I wait till 330 Monday and call. Get a girl who says" oh yeah let me look that up"and puts me on hold for 18 minutes. Hang up and call back. No one picks up for for another 30 minutes. I finally get Carla who casually informs me my kit will AT MT KISCO IN 4 TO 6 WEEKS. She sees someone made a note on my case at MT kisco but nothing else. I become exasperated at this point and tell her I don't care who does it just get me on a list and keep me there. She tells me she might be able to get it done sooner. The follow up on this has been abominable from Tesla end so far

Apparently the hardware part of the upgrade was finished today on my car but when they went to download the software all their servers and telephones crashed. Ludy is so power greedy that it hogged all the electricity at the Paramus SC as soon as they woke it up today!

Dropped my car off at Paramus NJ yesterday (4/11). They have already done a few P90D luda upgrades but my car is the first P85D.

Well, then you should consider yourself the guinea pig. Because upgrading a P90D to ludicrous is a software only upgrade. The 90 batteries already have the hardware that has to be added to our 85 traction packs. If yours is really the first P85D they are doing, then your pack is the first one they are taking apart and upgrading.

I write this the day after my car reached Mt Kisco for its upgrade, without knowing how many, if any, upgrades Mt Kisco has performed. (I don't believe anyone on TMC has claimed to have received one there yet.) So this might be a post from one guinea pig to another.