Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lunch after annual shareholder meeting on 6/3/14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have started to think it might be good to get a private room in a restaurant that serves a buffet...easy, simple, no worries about who pays what.

I know a Chinese place, Indian, Thai or possibly Italian this might work for. And, I was thinking the same thing as DaveT, picnic is hard for people traveling far. Would probably require catering, and charging people, which is way beyond my organizing energy at the moment.

let me know what you think about reserving our own romm at a restaurant, say first 20-40 people to respond yes can come, and I will keep costs to $15-30$ each (depending on the place and what the options are)

Lori, a private room at a restaurant with a buffet sounds good.

If Flight Risk is willing to volunteer to organize a full-service picnic w/everything provided, then we'll go with that. If not, then let's go with the private room in a restaurant.

I just called them. There is no fee to rent the place because they are normally not open for lunch. I left my contact info, and event coordinator will call me tomorrow to give me a better idea of possibilities.

Picnic?

FlightRisk, can you full picnic? Would be nicer

I may be able to organize something.... how many people are we talking about? What I'd suggest is an Italian style potluck picnic comprised of antipasti, cheeses, bread and fresh fruit. The less cooking the better! Just buy really good quality stuff from a good deli / bakery.

So for instance if 3O people are coming 1O would bring antipasti/cheeses, 1O bring bread/fruit and the remaining 1O bring cookies/wine/plates napkins etc.....

I could help coordinate something like that. I can be e-mailed at [email protected]

However, if most people end up going to MacArthur Park that's fine too. But I'd have to decline. I don't really eat out at restaurants that much....it reminds me too much of work!

Last edited:
I may be able to organize something.... how many people are we talking about? What I'd suggest is an Italian style potluck picnic comprised of antipasti, cheese, bread and fresh fruit. The less cooking the better! Just buy really good quality stuff from a good deli / bakery.

So for instance if 3O people are coming 1O would bring antipasti/cheeses, 1O bring bread/fruit and the remaining 1O bring cookies/wine. I could help coordinate something like that. I can be e-mailed at [email protected]

I'd imagine 15-30 people. But since there will be out-of-town folks and it's a weekday, I think a potluck would add too much complexity. We need something very simple for folks just to show up and eat. I like the idea of a picnic but only if it can be done full service where people can just show up without bringing anything. We could charge a lunch fee or a few could pitch in to cover the entire expense. Let us know if you could organize a full service picnic for 15-30 people. If not, then we'd probably choose a restaurant.

I'd imagine 15-30 people. But since there will be out-of-town folks and it's a weekday, I think a potluck would add too much complexity. We need something very simple for folks just to show up and eat. I like the idea of a picnic but only if it can be done full service where people can just show up without bringing anything. We could charge a lunch fee or a few could pitch in to cover the entire expense. Let us know if you could organize a full service picnic for 15-30 people. If not, then we'd probably choose a restaurant.

Yeah, Dave it sounds like the restaurant would be the more convenient option then. I really just want to relax and enjoy the day off, so no picnic....

Cheers,

@

Ok. I've picked a restaurant, Cucini Venti and had them pencil-in June 3rd from 1-3 pm.

Here's the deal.

1) Directly across from computer history museum, so no need to worry about Silicon Valley traffic/parking issues, we just walk across the street.
2) If we have 15 people or less we order off the menu (appetizers run ~6-8$, entrees ~17-20$). If we have 15-50 people (or even more, we could probably do up to 150 people), they would do a buffet for us which would include lunch, coffee/cappuccino and dessert. I will post buffet menus for you tomorrow, but figure if we are doing the buffet, about $40-45 for lunch/coffee/dessert
3) They would either give us a portion of the restaurant, or we could have the patio outside to ourselves (nice tables, heaters and some couches outside, so easy to mingle)
4) They have a full bar, and the owner says that sometimes Elon hangs at the bar waiting for his private pilot/jet.

:)

I just ate there tonight to check this place out and talk to the owner. She was lovely.

Home

Ok. I've picked a restaurant, Cucini Venti and had them pencil-in June 3rd from 1-3 pm.

Here's the deal.

1) Directly across from computer history museum, so no need to worry about Silicon Valley traffic/parking issues, we just walk across the street.
2) If we have 15 people or less we order off the menu (appetizers run ~6-8$, entrees ~17-20$). If we have 15-50 people (or even more, we could probably do up to 150 people), they would do a buffet for us which would include lunch, coffee/cappuccino and dessert. I will post buffet menus for you tomorrow, but figure if we are doing the buffet, about $40-45 for lunch/coffee/dessert
3) They would either give us a portion of the restaurant, or we could have the patio outside to ourselves (nice tables, heaters and some couches outside, so easy to mingle)
4) They have a full bar, and the owner says that sometimes Elon hangs at the bar waiting for his private pilot/jet.

I just ate there tonight to check this place out and talk to the owner. She was lovely.

Home

Cucini Venti it is.

I've asked Lori to create an Evite so people can rsvp there.

Here's the deal.

Home

Any chance to get Elon to join the lunch? ;)

OK, here's the menu. For $35 we get the menu below, plus a soda. Coffee/tea/alcohol extra, as is the option to have ground lamb kabobs. Tax and tip are added at the end.

If we have 15 or less, we can just order off regular menu. 15-50 we can do buffet or similar menu but prix fix menu (i.e. they will service different courses instead of buffett. More formal, but tends to make lunch last longer). We can also do buffet for up to 150 people.

Please let me know if you'd prefer indoor or outdoor seating, so I know which portion of restaurant to reserve. You can bring one adult guest, but let's keep this to significant others, TMC folk and Tesla shareholders.

Cucina Venti Buffet
APPETIZER
Bruschettatoasted slices of bread topped with Roma tomato cubes marinated with olive oil, garlic and basil.

SALAD
Strawberry FieldsOrganic mixed greens, strawberries.
On the side, toasted pecans, gorgonzola cheese crumbles, and poppy seed dressing

CHEF’S SPECIALS
Chicken Marsalachicken breast sautéed in Marsala wine.
Lamb Skewersground lamb skewers *
Served with mashed potatoes and vegeatbles as the sides.
Mushroom Ravioliwith Roma tomatoes and fresh spinach, in a light Marsala cream sauce.
Vegan Linguine – Vegan Linguine with fresh onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini in a lemon garlic sauce.

Dessert: Tiramisu and Cannoli’s

Drink: soda

This menu is to be served buffet. It is set at $35.00 per person. It does not include tax, gratuity or other beverages.
Optional on request and let us know how many guests would prefer the Lamb. *

Last edited: