Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Inventory cars now on Tesla site.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several people have recently mentioned getting free paint or 19" tires to take an inventory car. (Maybe only AWD, though.) Other than getting a minor change free, it seems like the speculation is that the next round of substantial discounts will be in June (end of Q2).

Now, the people who got the freebies recently -- the cars were listed on the site but the discounts weren't. I guess it wouldn't hurt to call and ask ("I was GOING to order black, but I'll take that MSM off your hands if you don't charge me the difference..."). Worse case is they say no, right?

For what it's worth, out of a survey of 130-ish inventory cars I noticed 10 SR+s disappearing off the list today. I assume all the centers were closed for Easter/Sunday, so maybe that's people clicking through the site itself to order one of the cars from inventory? Or some automated job at HQ assigning them to regular orders? They must be selling more than that if they're building 5000+ a week, but I guess it's a small sense for how the inventory cars are moving. (And today it was only SR+s I noticed; yesterday at least one AWD went.)

Reactions: Big Earl
Car shows 45K but:

Dude - no one in their right mind would spend 40-45k on an AP1 Model S when after incentives is approaching or getting higher than the price of a 3LR.

3LR has

-HW3 FSD potential
-Much more range, efficiency and charging capabilities
-Best supported Tesla Model with all the toys
-Brand new with freshest battery and warranty

This Model S is only better if you must have and regularly use all the extra storage.

No one? A friend of mine just purchased a 30,000 mile 2015 Model S 85D with AP1 for $42K. He likes the extra room in the front seats as well as the huge amount of cargo space compared to the Model 3. I think he got a pretty fair price for what it is.

Different strokes for different folks.

No one? A friend of mine just purchased a 30,000 mile 2015 Model S 85D with AP1 for $42K. He likes the extra room in the front seats as well as the huge amount of cargo space compared to the Model 3. I think he got a pretty fair price for what it is.

Different strokes for different folks.

Agreed and understand my friend. You know I use superlatives often for dramatic effect. :) My last paragraph covered exactly your friend's use case.

"The Model S is only better if you must have and regularly use all the extra storage."

Now if you can argue something in addition to that - I will be happy to eat crow.