Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Inventory cars now on Tesla site.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks, there is figuratively and literally nothing to see here.

People expecting to find 40,000 SR+ with free FSD or a show room car with 100 miles and 5k knocked off are nuts.

Ok, literally you can see cars you can pick up today or tomorrow at retail.

Figuratively, not much going on here.

It might get slightly interesting last week of quarter or something with AWD and P offerings.

Folks, there is figuratively and literally nothing to see here.

People expecting to find 40,000 SR+ with free FSD or a show room car with 100 miles and 5k knocked off are nuts.

Ok, literally you can see cars you can pick up today or tomorrow at retail.

Figuratively, not much going on here.

It might get slightly interesting last week of quarter or something with AWD and P offerings.

Actually, I think what we don’t see is really interesting indeed.

So much for the shorts screaming “they’re sitting on millions of cars, there’s no demand, they built too many, nobody wants a Tesla, they’re drowning in inventory!!”

Ain’t much out there to be had, discount or no. Not exactly like there’s thousands of vehicles sitting around doing nothing .......

Reactions: Big Earl
I agree that what they're showing suggests there's not a demand problem. I happened to count the AWD cars listed near me earlier (there were 11), and one of them is already gone.

On the other hand, I think some of the shorts are claiming there are parking lots full of unsold cars here and there. One said he flow a drone over a private lot and counted a thousand. Another said he walked through a public garage and saw a hundred Teslas gathering dust with 2018 VINs. One presumes, if Tesla is sitting on a bunch of cars they don't want to sell -- for whatever reason -- they wouldn't expose the unsellable inventory through their sales Web site.

Maybe if they need to make their Q2 numbers, we'll see a flood of deals on 2018 VINs again. :)

Or maybe it's just a bunch of garbage. Hard to rule out either option.

I can play the other side that Tesla is showing only a tiny fraction of the tens of thousands of vehicles that no one wants.

What they have in inventory I have no idea.

Only thing I know for sure is that the Model 3 is the best car in the 35k-70k price range.

If you weren’t dumb you would buy one if you were going to buy a car.

Reactions: dmurphy
I can play the other side that Tesla is showing only a tiny fraction of the tens of thousands of vehicles that no one wants.

Only thing I know for sure is that the Model 3 is the best car in the 35k-70k price range.

I could understand what you're saying about a fraction, but I don't think that's the case. There's a wide swath of configurations - SR, SR+, LR AWD in various locales. All 2019 builds as far as I can see.

I agree 100% about the Model 3 being the best car in the price range... this thing is incredible.

I'm starting to have second thought now that refresh CPO MS are hitting the $40K price point

I'm starting to have second thought now that refresh CPO MS are hitting the $40K price point

I'm not sure I consider the Model S better than the 3... even new. I *really* like the 3's horizontal screen. And interior. And battery. And software. And lack of a complex dash. Etc.....

The extra size of the S is nice for sure though.

Reactions: vickh and MXWing
You found a refresh S for 40k?!

Yep! Now you know why I'm waiting :)

145304 $39,600 Y 50,031 0 1.0 Conv White Solid Multi-Pattern Black 19 Slipstream
Only negative was 2 yr, but had 50K mile warranty

it's gone now :( here's the cheapest refresh S
Model S 75D 5YJSA1E24GF161162 | Tesla

Does @EV-CPO or teslacpo have a refresh search option? I've been searching 2016 and 75 figuring they'll be cheapest.

Last edited:
Actually, I think what we don’t see is really interesting indeed.

So much for the shorts screaming “they’re sitting on millions of cars, there’s no demand, they built too many, nobody wants a Tesla, they’re drowning in inventory!!”

Ain’t much out there to be had, discount or no. Not exactly like there’s thousands of vehicles sitting around doing nothing .......

Actually, in my area there are a lot SR+ models listed.

I thought there was a lot of demand for the low-priced 3s, but they have them sitting unsold. Not really good.

I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion. It's as likely the factory did a big run of SR+ cars and sent them out a week ago, so they're the ones the centers have received recently. The site hasn't been live long enough to know which cars have been sitting there for a while.

Yep! Now you know why I'm waiting :)

145304 $39,600 Y 50,031 0 1.0 Conv White Solid Multi-Pattern Black 19 Slipstream
Only negative was 2 yr, but had 50K mile warranty

it's gone now :( here's the cheapest refresh S
Model S 75D 5YJSA1E24GF161162 | Tesla

Does @EV-CPO or teslacpo have a refresh search option? I've been searching 2016 and 75 figuring they'll be cheapest.

Car shows 45K but:

Dude - no one in their right mind would spend 40-45k on an AP1 Model S when after incentives is approaching or getting higher than the price of a 3LR.

3LR has

-HW3 FSD potential
-Much more range, efficiency and charging capabilities
-Best supported Tesla Model with all the toys
-Brand new with freshest battery and warranty

This Model S is only better if you must have and regularly use all the extra storage.

Dude - no one in their right mind would spend 40K on an AP1 Model S when after incentives is approaching the price of a 3LR.

3LR has

-HW3 FSD potential
-Much more range, efficiency and charging capabilities
-Best supported Tesla Model with all the toys
-Brand new with freshest battery and warranty

Car also shows 45K for me.

that's the current lowest refresh S

I agree with most of what you're saying which is why I've been holding off for about 6 months.. Good thing is price has been dropping on both the 3 and CPO S, but I think we've reached a plateau on the 3 @ $35K.

CPO S I'm not sure about more drops...

that's the current lowest refresh S

I agree with most of what you're saying which is why I've been holding off for about 6 months.. Good thing is price has been dropping on both the 3 and CPO S, but I think we've reached a plateau on the 3 @ $35K.

CPO S I'm not sure about more drops...
Wow that’s nuts, cheapest refresh S when I first bought my S was like 60k hahaha.

Reactions: vickh
I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion. It's as likely the factory did a big run of SR+ cars and sent them out a week ago, so they're the ones the centers have received recently. The site hasn't been live long enough to know which cars have been sitting there for a while.

I thought there was a backlog of pent up demand for the low-priced models. There was a wait until June to get a SR ?

I hear you, but the whole situation is odd. Why should there not be a single Performance in inventory in the entire nation? Was all the pent-up demand for Model 3's satisfied by Performance models instead? Supposedly that's the most profitable trim, so you'd think a business that needs to generate a lot of cash to satisfy its critics would be cranking them out like crazy?

I just think it'll be easier to draw conclusions if we keep an eye on the inventory for a month or a quarter and see what puts in an appearance and what gets scooped up quickly and what sits around for a while.

I hear you, but the whole situation is odd. Why should there not be a single Performance in inventory in the entire nation? Was all the pent-up demand for Model 3's satisfied by Performance models instead? Supposedly that's the most profitable trim, so you'd think a business that needs to generate a lot of cash to satisfy its critics would be cranking them out like crazy?

I just think it'll be easier to draw conclusions if we keep an eye on the inventory for a month or a quarter and see what puts in an appearance and what gets scooped up quickly and what sits around for a while.

Even if they don't have 3s at discounts on the site now, I know when I bought my S in the fall, they had inventory S models at discounts that were not on the website. You had to work with a sale advisor to find some of the discounted S models (though they did show discounts on the Model S that were on the site).

Could they have 3s in inventory that they are discounting ? That could interest me before to get a 3 before the next tax expiration.