Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 LR RWD UK!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I somehow found myself with two chat windows open at once... I asked two advisors the same question and got two answers.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Not having LFP is fine, as I'd normally charge to 80% and have plenty of range. On the very occasional day where I have a 450 round trip I'd go to 100% and have to put in a minimal amount from a supercharger on the way back.

The advisor went on to say you get one month's premium connectivity which conflicts with the info in the article above.

So, I somehow found myself with two chat windows open at once... I asked two advisors the same question and got two answers.

View attachment 965778

View attachment 965779
If you had another 3 windows open you would have got another 3 different answers.

tl;dr take with a pinch of salt anything anyone from Tesla says to you. Which includes right from the top.

The RWD LR cannot have an LFP battery - with existing products on the market you cannot make one fit a M3 which gives the range of the RWD LR.

But this highlights the issue - if Tesla cannot even tell you what battery it has, there is no hope in getting an accurate answer to what stereo system it has. We need them to physically appear in the hands of owners before we know.

Reactions: Adopado
And this new model, which should be deliverable during Q2 (May and June 2023), will also bring about some robust specification and technology, designed specifically for the most demanding of fleet users. A heat pump will remain standard on the car, to draw excess heat from the powertrain to maximise cold weather driving and supercharging speeds.

The Autopilot feature remains standard, with the Automatic Emergency Braking and Lane Departure Avoidance, together with the Tesla App for controlling your vehicle, deciding on charging times and pre-heating the cabin. The RWD LR will include Premium Connectivity, so the Live Traffic Visualisation and Satellite-View Maps is added (for 8 years on each brand new Model 3).

The EV includes plenty of comfort features like the 15” touchscreen, upgraded immersive sound, powered rear boot, dual wireless phone charger, driver lumbar support, heated steering wheel, heated mirrors, rear facing camera, climate control, navigation, collision avoidance assist, lane assist, cabin camera, speed assist, traffic-aware cruise control. Colours will include solid black, pearl white, midnight silver and deep blue.

And on the key performance metrics, the RWD Long Range will still offer 0 - 62mph times of 5.9 seconds, top speeds of 140mph, 11 kW AC and 250 kW DC charging capabilities and towing weights of up to 1000kg (braked). All-in-all a pretty robust EV.
Nice! So getting 8 years premium connectivity and a better sound system plus the extra range. Can’t wait to take delivery in a months time. Thanks for the info. I did see a YouTube video with the owner confirming better sound system.

Reactions: Badger54
The RWD LR cannot have an LFP battery - with existing products on the market you cannot make one fit a M3 which gives the range of the RWD LR.

But this highlights the issue - if Tesla cannot even tell you what battery it has, there is no hope in getting an accurate answer to what stereo system it has. We need them to physically appear in the hands of owners before we know.
LGES battery cells apparently.

I have no idea what that means but that’s what a google search has just come up with.

Article here -

What annoys me about these things is Tesla used to have build codes available which 3rd party sites decoded and could tell you everything from battery version to motor version to headlight type to sound system etc… but Tesla appear to have removed that info and I presume why sites like EV-CPO can’t tell you the info. Now we just get staff making stuff up and people reading articles which aren’t necessarily correct either.

Nothing speci
Nice! So getting 8 years premium connectivity and a better sound system plus the extra range.

Premium connectivity is now (previously, as in early months of UK Model 3 and prior, it was standard) normally a 1 month trial. For lease cars, it’s inclusion as standard seemed to be at the discretion of the lease company rather than as any Tesla spec. It took a while for subscriptions related to leased cars to be implemented, so early leases it was included, but I think this has now changed now that subscriptions have been more widely implemented.

Nothing speci

Premium connectivity is now (previously, as in early months of UK Model 3 and prior, it was standard) normally a 1 month trial. For lease cars, its inclusion as standard seemed to be at the discretion of the lease company rather than as any Tesla spec. It took a while for subscriptions related to leased cars to be implemented, so early leases it was included, but I think this has now changed now that subscriptions have been more widely implemented.
My one is not leased so probably will come with the 30 day free trial.

Reactions: Bobby-c