Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 LR Dual Motor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the 'Our Most Affordable M3 Yet' email yesterday from Tesla - I took a look and to my surprsie I saw that there were M3LR RWD and M3LR AWD. When I bought my M3 LR Dual Motor in (March 22) my memory is that the choice was either M3 or M3LR (or M3P) and that the standard M3 was RWD and the M3LR was AWD - I do not recall that there was an option for a LR RWD - but maybe my (senior) memory fails me?
Note: I presume Dual Motor means AWD?

I do not recall that there was an option for a LR RWD - but maybe my (senior) memory fails me?
Note: I presume Dual Motor means AWD?

You've not been keeping an eye on developments! You are correct ... this wasn't an option previously (RWD LR). Yes AWD is Dual Motor ... unless it says Performance in which case it's still a Dual Motor AWD but with added zip!

Interesting to note that if you order a lr rwd m3 from inventory the pcp finance is at 0% and has no final payment so in effect you are getting a 0% loan over 4 years, but if you select the tesla loan option it charges you 7.9%! Go figure.....