Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 MIC 2021 tail lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Read the link - it's not seven days. Its gone.
thankfully, my background is law! It’s not an Elon promise, it’s UK law.

“Off-premises” / distance sale – The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, defines a distance sale to be a contract where the purchase of the goods is conducted “off-premises”, such as an online purchase. In an “off-premises”/distance sale, the customer has 14 days after delivery of the goods to cancel the order. If the business does not inform the consumer of their 14-day right to cancel, then the consumer will have up to 12 months after delivery of the goods to cancel the order. Additionally the consumer does not need to provide a reason for cancelling.

I have also received a new Q4 LR (few days old) and I have the older style lights.

I do wonder if this is all LR vehicles have this setup or we just have some duds.

I have raised it with service and have a mobile engineer coming out. If they’ll do anything I’ll have to see but don’t see how they can provide older style lights and get away with it to be honest.

I’m a stubborn git, I’ll end up giving it back and reordering if they don’t change it.
Good luck to you. You got what you ordered (or better). Tesla are constantly updating the cars and it’s pot luck what upgrades you get. At least you weren’t in the heat pump cut off!

I suppose the good news for any of us who can sell our teslas (ie not a lease) is that if there is a major update that you deem essential, new vanity mirror, lfp cells, bag hooks and a tessie brolly in the boot then with current used car prices you can flip your car now for minimum cost.

Fact is like any other car or gadget even there’s always jam tomorrow. Just drive and enjoy is the route to happiness.

Did you just accept it then? Didn’t raise it with Tesla.
The issue is Tesla has never officially stated a change, in a press release for example, nor changed the specification of the vehicle being purchased. The both style of lights are fully compliant with all regulations.

Certainly worth questioning whether you can get them changed given you aren't happy but I'd be surprised if Tesla agree based on history.

Reactions: Oxstock
I suppose the good news for any of us who can sell our teslas (ie not a lease) is that if there is a major update that you deem essential, new vanity mirror, lfp cells, bag hooks and a tessie brolly in the boot then with current used car prices you can flip your car now for minimum cost.

Fact is like any other car or gadget even there’s always jam tomorrow. Just drive and enjoy is the route to happiness.
Hahaha this did make me laugh.

Reactions: Katic1972
The issue is Tesla has never officially stated a change, in a press release for example, nor changed the specification of the vehicle being purchased. The both style of lights are fully compliant with all regulations.

Certainly worth questioning whether you can get them changed given you aren't happy but I'd be surprised if Tesla agree based on history.
Yeh I agree. I’ll be a chancer like I have all the way through this and see what they say.

Like someone else said, this is likely the first and last time I look at them anyway.

Reactions: MrT3
Just be aware, those picking up from Bluewater.

I’ve received the old style rear lights with the pidderly rear indicator, 1 reverse light and 1 fog light on the latest 2021 model.

I’ll be kicking off with Tesla however just wanted to pre-warn you.

I do have a service appointment booked and plan to call them tomorrow. Not happy at all, given the new lights are an improvement and there shouldn’t be any reason why I should receive something sub standard to everyone else.

Does beg the question what else I have on my car that’s from the early 2021 models. Just hope I have matrix headlights now.
Sorry to ask but what’s the difference between the old and the new?

This is what new ones should look like

Old ones are small indicators, 1 reverse light, 1 fog light. Well, I say old, it’s not old if it’s on a new 2021 2 day old car.

I’d imagine Tesla are mixing up both light arrangements so whilst we thought the old ones have been and gone…. That’s clearly not the case.

I’m sure alot of recent M3 have the old style, they’ve either not checked, or couldn’t care.

Reactions: LeSloth