Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Performance after updating to 2020.48.12.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned, and I assume most people already know, but possibly OP does not - State of Charge has a large and measurable affect on power output. Tesla Performance Model 3 Dyno Testing At Various SOC | Mountain Pass Performance

Of course, there are other factors such as battery temperature and drive unit temperatures to account for as well.

That being said, even on my 2021 there is no difference in power with this update. And yes, I did Dragy the car BEFORE and AFTER this specific update.

Ok, that probably rules out passive + supercharger cooling which mine will literally lift off the ground for the first launch.

Just so we are clear - hot battery = more power. Cold drive units = more power. Cold battery = less power. Hot drive units = less power. Supercharging heats both the battery and the drive units. Generally good for launching as the drive units are not overheated, but also not ideal.

Note battery temperature will generally have a greater impact on power than the drive units during "normal" operation.

• Informative
Reactions: Apone