Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have spent the last 25 years hating chrome trim on cars and avoiding it like the plague - since I had no choice and based on pictures of the new spec - I prefer the chrome.

I feel kinda dirty for thinking that, what is going on !!

Powered tailgate is a cool feature, not essential but a nice touch. New Aeros look good. Prefer the old 19’s.

Something for everyone to like/dislike it would seem !

since I had no choice and based on pictures of the new spec - I prefer the chrome.

Powered tailgate is a cool feature, not essential but a nice touch. New Aeros look good. Prefer the old 19’s.

I'm pretty much 100% with you on each point you've mentioned above. I think I'd be ok with the lack of Chrome on Red or White... but not on Blue, which I think looks better with Chrome.

In all honesty, I think it's been moved forward a bit, but in no way, shape or form, do I wish I'd waited. Yes it's better, but not enough to really give much thought to.

I'm glad it's moving on, really glad. I hope this happens again in a year or two. I'd like the next car I buy to be a Tesla, and I'd like it to be significantly different/better.

I was matched last month but couldn’t make the delivery date so they said I had to wait until a November. Rang early last week and they said no cars were available, does that mean I haven’t been re matched and could get the refreshed model?? I ordered via zen and not direct with Tesla so can’t see my car on the Tesla app

I have spent the last 25 years hating chrome trim on cars and avoiding it like the plague - since I had no choice and based on pictures of the new spec - I prefer the chrome.

I actually really do not like the new central console. It looks like Mercedes (which isn’t a bad thing persay), whereas the original looks very minimalist. The black piano finish scratching issue is easily resolved.

That being said I’d put up with the central console for everything else. Seems like a nice collection of iterative improvements.

Not sure about the turbine wheels, and you just know the ‘handle’ on the centre console I will break off eventually(my amg one did) but the updates are a nice touch. The auto boot opening and range updates look good, but I do wonder how they managed such a large increase. From what I’ve read the heat pump is a welcome addition, but I thought it only made a real difference in cold weather.

on the whole,a nice updates and helps keep sales buoyant in the face of new models from polestar and vw imo

I actually really do not like the new central console. It looks like Mercedes (which isn’t a bad thing persay), whereas the original looks very minimalist. The black piano finish scratching issue is easily resolved.

That being said I’d put up with the central console for everything else. Seems like a nice collection of iterative improvements.
Whether you like the new console or not the previous one with the piano black was unacceptable. When so many people made a modification to their car immediately after purchase that just isn't good. I would have been fine with changing the piano black to a matte black...but I also don't have any problems with the new center console either.

So LR boost is quicker.. as is the original 0-60.

also, enhanced autopilot has vanished.
0F94FC56-91EA-4C27-83E6-30305BE5BB8C.png

• Informative
Reactions: Gatsojon
So LR boost is quicker.. as is the original 0-60.

also, enhanced autopilot has vanished.
View attachment 599258

I think the new performance figures are now quoted with the 5% increase that was delivered to all M3’s earlier this year/late last - no doubt this will be confirmed by someone else on here, or said someone will shoot me down in flames o_O

Performance now listed as 3.1s 0-60 (sorry if I’ve missed this being mentioned elsewhere in the thread?) whereas I’m sure it was 3.2s previously.

bought mine in April am sure it was 3.2s

anyone know if the 0.1s has come vis software update and I just didn’t realise?!