Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive already sorted some of these first world problems and not going to tell any of this refresh lark to the mrs since she's extremely happy with what she's got!

Im very impatient about a model Y but thats again first world problems but with price drops, option of third row seats etc. it just makes it icing on the cake :D

Be happy with what you have by choice you lucky people!:rolleyes:

Here’s a photo allegedly of the new power trunk:

First look at Tesla Model 3 'refresh' powered lift gate

It seems that Tesla have fitted just a single power strut, on the left, and a standard hydraulic strut on the right. I suppose it all saves money.

You would think that could be an issue for the future ... a couple of years of significant asymmetric torsion on the boot hinges doesn't fill me with confidence. I think you're better with the Hanshow option.

You would think that could be an issue for the future ... a couple of years of significant asymmetric torsion on the boot hinges doesn't fill me with confidence. I think you're better with the Hanshow option.

Probably not. The boot lid on 3 is not that big as in long. One strut can mostly do the job balancing the weight whilst the other adds power. Its an engineered balancing act. Personally, cant see an issue imo.

Reactions: Zakalwe
Tesla are finally waking up to the competition. They now have to provide more of what the customer demands and less of what they think they can add and take off the spec on a whim. I joke that in the past car owners would "pimp" their cars to some degree to make them more personal. Tesla owners actually are finishing the job off Tesla tried to do. Sound deadening, door rubber seals, after market tints mats, interior lights de chroming etc.

I still want my dimming mirrors back!!!

IMHO, I dont really think they have much competition at they price range but that is subjective. Not everyone complains of what you mention (my Mrs keeps on about how quiet it is) and the others things you mention are just options/not to everyones taste (it would be nice for the to offer it but then you would have people with a "base" model complaining unless they could buy it for +- 30k)

Would you like sluggish acceleration, restricted speed limits to sub 100mph like most have? Again, all subjective.

Bottom line is that they dont need to please everybody and let us not forget the minority here that will for the most part accessorise/tinker with their cars regardless. They just need to appeal to most. The rest of us are faced with first world problems:rolleyes:

The Ranger that came out to me today said he’d got a job tomorrow where he was changing the chrome trims on a Model 3 for the new black trims. It will be the first one he’s done. No idea of the cost, but it’s obviously possible.
I wouldn’t have assumed it was even possible to order (or identify) the parts, with the car not even being here yet.

You’d need to replace the two rear quarter windows (which are all in one glass and trim assembly), and the wing mirrors and side cameras if you’re doing it properly. Not cheap and frankly amazed it can be done on a ranger visit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy W.