Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, apart from the powered liftgate and heat pump, largely cosmetic changes. I could add the former and I’m not sure the heat pump has massive value in the British climate. Overall, I don’t feel I’ve missed out on too much.
Potentially heated charge port, heated steering wheel, new headlights. No doubt a few other refinements under the hood

Reactions: Roy W.
screenshot-298-png.599126

Hmmmm. Several things wrong with that image unless its V11 :oops:
Keep going...

Can’t see it.. UI looks same to me :confused:

Reactions: Gatsojon and CMc1
353 miles EPA for the LR is a great update! Do the current LR models display 322 miles in the U.K. based on the EPA range? Must have missed that update as I thought it was 310?

not sure on this as I’ve never charged on mileage but I think a lot of this has to do with the way the cells have changed on cars after May. Although the heat pump will help.

reason I say that is mine still does 300-360 miles even in 12 outside which seems to match.

Hehe feels rocket ship quick every time! That’s good enough for me!

From what I’ve read this morning looks like performance and range is potentially from physical improvements and not software (heat pump and cell chemistry changes was mentioned) but who knows!
Has the Model Y got the same motors as the Model 3 & if not, could Tesla now be using different (ie as in Y) motors in the 3? This could possibly explain new versions having improved range/performance as it's a lighter weight vehicle.

It seems Tesla are harmonising many components between both models & would make sense for economies of scale.

...just a thought & I may be completely wrong (often am).

Reactions: Jason71
not sure on this as I’ve never charged on mileage but I think a lot of this has to do with the way the cells have changed on cars after May. Although the heat pump will help.

reason I say that is mine still does 300-360 miles even in 12 outside which seems to match.
That's interesting, I didn't hear of any changes in the cells since May. Just charged mine to 90% & estimated range shows as 283m ie 314m @100% which is about where it always was since new in April.

It fluctuates based on driving style/conditions of course, averaging the last 30m but always seems to be at an estimated range between 305-320m, fitting the EPA of 310m.

(Car display is set to % & averaging ~250kWh since new, two short local drives today both below this)

Last edited:
That's interesting, I didn't hear of any changes in the cells since May. Just charged mine to 90% & estimated range shows as 283m ie 314m @100% which is about where it always was since new in April.

It fluctuates based on driving style/conditions of course, averaging the last 30m but always seems to be at an estimated range between 305-320m, fitting the EPA of 310m.

(Car display is set to % & averaging ~250kWh since new, two short local drives today both below this)

I thought I’d read somewhere that Elon claimed after battery day that model 3s since May had been shopping with the new flatter cell thing. (I may be wrong), but I can’t seem to ever get anything to worse than 214kwh I’ve even had 192 on a run to the city. - might have to do with most my miles being motorway but I’d of thought that’d be worse.

I notice on the interior pictures that the piano black delete also looks to have happened on the door and window opener panels to make it consistent. Must admit I actually like the sleekness of the piano black console even if the durability is a bit iffy.

Chrome delete does give it a modern look. Although, in some ways, its also like when you buy the entry level of a model and it comes in black. So not fussed either way on that.

Power tailgate is nice.