Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Roof Rack Back in Stock!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered it now for my Hobie tandem kayak. Order was not going through on the mac (running for ever...and not added to the cart), but no issue putting the order with iPad. Nice back-up for this.. :)

IMG_7749.jpg

Last edited:
Still (or back) in stock! Just ordered mine!

Just ordered it now for my Hobie tandem kayak. Order was not going through on the mac (running for ever...and not added to the cart), but no issue putting the order with iPad. Nice back-up for this.. :)

View attachment 375719

Any recommendations for a good snowboard/ski clamp for the Tesla rack? They are installing mine this upcoming Friday at a service center!

Please let us know if you see any differences to the install/hardware as opposed to those who bought it in December :)

Reactions: TomHudson
Installed mine today and it was a very straight forward install. I will say it’s very concerning tightening the wingnuts down. There were very audible cracking noises when doing this. I can’t tell if the noises were coming from the actual towers and bars or if it was from the car.

All I know is there is no way I have the guts to put 8nm of toruque on the wing nuts like the manual states. I have a torque wrench and I set it to 4nm to start with, stepped it up to around 5nm and wasn’t brave enough to go any further than that after getting one very loud audible crack. I inspected the glass and didn’t see any damage, but the sound was horrible. I backed all 4 nuts back to 4nm and left it there, it still feels very secure.

It’s hard to get a picture of the metal attachment points under the glass, but they area pretty wide and it would be hard to miss the areas with the bolts.

150FAB03-9667-4E00-BE17-498CF9ABAB63.jpeg

Reactions: billh13850
Installed mine today and it was a very straight forward install. I will say it’s very concerning tightening the wingnuts down. There were very audible cracking noises when doing this. I can’t tell if the noises were coming from the actual towers and bars or if it was from the car.

All I know is there is no way I have the guts to put 8nm of toruque on the wing nuts like the manual states. I have a torque wrench and I set it to 4nm to start with, stepped it up to around 5nm and wasn’t brave enough to go any further than that after getting one very loud audible crack. I inspected the glass and didn’t see any damage, but the sound was horrible. I backed all 4 nuts back to 4nm and left it there, it still feels very secure.

It’s hard to get a picture of the metal attachment points under the glass, but they area pretty wide and it would be hard to miss the areas with the bolts.

View attachment 376626

I wonder if the ambient temp has anything to do with the glass making noises? were you in a garage, or outdoors?

Any recommendations for a good snowboard/ski clamp for the Tesla rack? They are installing mine this upcoming Friday at a service center!

The Yakima FatCat EVO 6 fits great. Carries up to 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards. I installed using the included clamp and there was good clearance. They also make a smaller one EVO 4 if you only need up to 4 pairs of skis or 2 snowboards. No need for the T-slot attachments; in fact, the T-slot is much more difficult to use. I wish I would have known that before I ordered.

Reactions: silentcorp