Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3OC's In-Depth Look Video (1:10hr long, very thorough)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone who is complaining that interior is not on par with other gas cars( in similar price range) Please keep in mind that this car is an over 300 miles electric car, fast as hell and drive itself. That is where all money went. Your super duper BMW/Audio/Mercedes wil never ever be able to offer same specs technology-wise (battery,powertrain,autopilot) PLUS the interior luxury - in 2017-2018. Keep this is mind. You are comparing nonexisting vehicle to TM3. Once in a 5 years the German automakers catch up on TM3. The TM3 will be a TOTALY different car. But go ahead you can always complain about whatever you want, its your then your problem that you are unhappy with everything in your life.

From a TCO perspective, the Model 3 will fare as well or better than the targeted competition (3-series, A4, and even mid-range Hondas).
Exactly my thoughts. Comparing EV's with ICE cars should always be done by total cost of ownership. ICE's are relatively expensive in maintenance and fuel, which - depending on the mileage - will compensate for higher depreciation. The more you travel, the cheaper the EV's become. Model 3 LR should compete with entry level luxury ICE cars and SR with high end ICE 'city cars' used for commuting and other short ditance traveling. I suspect them to be very competitive in both segments.

Anyway, the discussion will be silenced in one or two decades at least for Europe since in an increasing number of countries new ICE's will not be sold anymore after a certain date. In my country (NL) this will take effect in 2030, Norway seems to be earlier, Germany and France later (I think).

About the trunk, an important measurement is the distance between the two rear wheel walls.

See at 12:50, the given value is 38" or 96 cm.

This is same the value that I measured recently on a VW Golf.

This allows exactly putting flat, with no spare room left, a folded stroller or wheel chair.

2017 10 27 Tesla M3 Trunk 38 inch 96 cm  jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone noticed (or know if it's not in the review) how many driver memory positions are available and what each of them controls besides the steering wheel position and firmness, side mirror position and seat position?

If it also controls things like a/c settings, lighting (interior and exterior), radio preference, etc., maybe I need to get the PUP because that will cut down on having to adjust everything when three potential drivers are going to take turns using the car.

Great video. Very informative. They answered my two biggest questions: can you have the defrost, vent and floor vents on at the same time (or different variations) and information about the rear heated seats. No one has talked about these yet, thanks. I noticed one thing though, do the seats, steering wheel and side mirrors have a memory setting for different drivers?

similarly I'm wondering if you can adjust the fan speed of the front defrost

Anyone noticed (or know if it's not in the review) how many driver memory positions are available and what each of them controls besides the steering wheel position and firmness, side mirror position and seat position?

If it also controls things like a/c settings, lighting (interior and exterior), radio preference, etc., maybe I need to get the PUP because that will cut down on having to adjust everything when three potential drivers are going to take turns using the car.

I doubt it, since it doesn’t control those things in the Model S.

• Helpful
Reactions: internalaudit
About the trunk, an important measurement is the distance between the two rear wheel walls.

See at 12:50, the given value is 38" or 96 cm.

This is same the value that I measured recently on a VW Golf.

This allows exactly putting flat, with no spare room left, a folded stroller or wheel chair.

View attachment 256605
This seems narrow to me. My Mini Countryman measures 43" at a similar point. The Mini does have smaller tire cross section, so perhaps that is the reason.

• Informative
Reactions: NeverFollow
Everyone who is complaining that interior is not on par with other gas cars( in similar price range) Please keep in mind that this car is an over 300 miles electric car, fast as hell and drive itself. That is where all money went. Your super duper BMW/Audio/Mercedes wil never ever be able to offer same specs technology-wise (battery,powertrain,autopilot) PLUS the interior luxury - in 2017-2018. Keep this is mind. You are comparing nonexisting vehicle to TM3. Once in a 5 years the German automakers catch up on TM3. The TM3 will be a TOTALY different car. But go ahead you can always complain about whatever you want, its your then your problem that you are unhappy with everything in your life.
Not really. But I partially agree: you can't gripe about a car by comparing it to one that doesn't exist.
Something usually beats nothing, even if that something doesn't check off all the boxes.
Robin