Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3OC's In-Depth Look Video (1:10hr long, very thorough)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice scoop for them.

The car seems really well thought through. So many details make perfect sense.

I wish the rear blinkers weren't so wimpy looking (and could be amber like the fronts.)

I wish the headliner was available in a darker color. I don't fully understand why so many cars have switched to white.

Last edited:
^ What's the verdict?
Vloggers Frunk 'n Trunk from the T-Shirt forum give it two thumbs up. Actually it is a very comprehensive review of the car with lots of new information. The best video review so far and corrects some misinformation from previous reviews. Turning circle is very tight. Well worth an hour of your time. Software is still a work in progress with updates occurring daily. No rain sensing wipers yet. No heated steering wheel, even on PUP. No glare from UI screen or dash. No heat or glare from glass roof in sun. Three rear headrests. Two outboard are fixed, one in center is adjustable up and down. I would prefer all three rear headrests be adjustable. No indication of where the outside temperature is shown (DW is insistent on this).

Given my criteria, this car is an Ohm Run! I'll take two please!

^ What's the verdict?
They liked it a lot, and they looked into just about every nook and cranny. However, watching them drive from the back seat, as it were, I noticed them heading towards a narrow-ish gate while the driver's head was down, his right hand busily playing with the screen. Then the driver caught sight of where they were, seemed a bit surprised- oh, a gate - and did the right thing by concentrating on steering (someone else's prized Model 3) safely through.
Multiply that evolution by a hundred thousand and you end up with a lot of distracted drivers. Is it as bad as texting? Probably not. But some of them will cruise right through stoplights as they puzzle out why their playlist hasn't appeared on the screen yet. Or why the cabin lights accidentally came on. Or end up in the street as they ponder why the homelink button isn't shutting the garage door behind them. Maybe Tesla will rely on emergency auto stop to fix the distracted nut behind the wheel problem. Or, more likely, is looking ahead to when they can yank the wheel entirely, leaving the distracted nut behind to gaze into his own personal Mirror of Erised for as long as he likes.
I was happy these two guys could really look at the car in depth, though. It helps.
Robin

They liked it a lot, and they looked into just about every nook and cranny. However, watching them drive from the back seat, as it were, I noticed them heading towards a narrow-ish gate while the driver's head was down, his right hand busily playing with the screen. Then the driver caught sight of where they were, seemed a bit surprised- oh, a gate - and did the right thing by concentrating on steering (someone else's prized Model 3) safely through.
Multiply that evolution by a hundred thousand and you end up with a lot of distracted drivers. Is it as bad as texting? Probably not. But some of them will cruise right through stoplights as they puzzle out why their playlist hasn't appeared on the screen yet. Or why the cabin lights accidentally came on. Or end up in the street as they ponder why the homelink button isn't shutting the garage door behind them. Maybe Tesla will rely on emergency auto stop to fix the distracted nut behind the wheel problem. Or, more likely, is looking ahead to when they can yank the wheel entirely, leaving the distracted nut behind to gaze into his own personal Mirror of Erised for as long as he likes.
I was happy these two guys could really look at the car in depth, though. It helps.
Robin

Of course that's the same as any other new car. I've definitely been distracted driving a rental car figuring out how to even turn on the damn headlights, much less play music.

Nice scoop for them.

The car seems really well thought through. So many details make perfect sense.

I wish the rear blinkers weren't so wimpy looking (and could be amber like the fronts.)

I wish the headliner was available in a darker color. I don't fully understand why so many cars have switched to white.

The headliner is not white or off-white. According to Trevor previously the headliner on all the Model 3’s so far is a light grey. He mentioned that it is hard to see the real color in photo’s and videos but it is light grey.

^ What's the verdict?

thumbsup.jpg

I'm surprised I havent seen it posted here yet, but they go over the car and all its features.

A couple of my own observations:

1. the HVAC system appears to work very well.. I had my doubts that it would direct air that well.. but seeing the streamers and how they followed the airflow, I'm very impressed

2. when they show the daily charge limit.. it appears they set it at 90% of the "daily limit", which, itself maxes out at 90%. Is this how it works on the S/X? So would 90% "daily" = 80% total?

Anyway, very well done video. I had my doubts it would be that informational and thought it would be more talk, but its packed full of info.. well worth an hour of your time.

Thank you very much for linking that video. This is by far the best and most in-detail I´ve seen so far.

The more I see of the interior though the more I hope the classic manufacturers hurry up with their EVs. Seriously an LR+PuP version will cost as much as an entry-level e-class or a packed c-class here in europe, let alone awd or P versions.....and the model 3 interior is several leagues below that in every aspect.....

Guess you will pay mainly for the power train in the EV world for another gen or two.....

Last edited:
Thank you very much for linking that video. This is by far the best and most in-detail I´ve seen so far.

The more I see of the interior though the more I hope the classic manufacturers hurry up with their EVs. Seriously an LR+PuP version will cost as much as an entry-level e-class or a packed c-class here in europe, let alone awd or P versions.....and the model 3 interior is several leagues below that in every aspect.....

Guess you will pay mainly for the power train in the EV world for another gen or two.....

Be careful, saying such things will ignite the hardcore tesla fanboys...

Several leagues? Can you give me some example? What I see from the video there are soft touch materials everywhere; some cars in this class have hard plastic on lower door bin.
I could only say the design is little plain, would be nice if there is more details on the door and on the steering wheel. But not several leagues below in my opinion...

Minimalist != cheap. From what I’ve seen the materials are all high quality and match other vehicles in the same class. Plus everyone who has actually sat in one seems to say that the interior is very nice.

I would love to know specific examples of what you consider “several leagues below.”

Several leagues? Can you give me some example? What I see from the video there are soft touch materials everywhere; some cars in this class have hard plastic on lower door bin.
I could only say the design is little plain, would be nice if there is more details on the door and on the steering wheel. But not several leagues below in my opinion...
what price class are you talking about? That model in the video is easily in lower e class territory.....
Examples for me: the incredibly clunky and plain plastic rear vents, the whole "wood sticker" on the dash just looks (and is) incredibly cheap, the whole mid console where everything below the incredibly plain surface looks like straight out of of a do-it-yopurself-shop, the buttons like they`re taken straight out of some entry level car, the chubby plastic look of the steering wheel and its buttons again without any highlights or refinement, the fit seems off on some parts...etc etc etc.

Overall the interior just looks like how to describe it...like they built an entry level car and then slapped some "premium" materials on it to cover it up.
The outside design is really great, but the interior just looks somewhat half finished to me.

That´s just my personal impression, but I´m sure I´ll be getting crucified either way...it is a Tesla forum after all :D

Be careful, saying such things will ignite the hardcore tesla fanboys...

I consider myself a hardcore tesla fanboy and I agree with @Phrixotrichus. While the interior concept is great, lots of details are somewhat sub-class. Maybe one league below, not several. And I find it especially true around the back seats. My current car is less expensive than the Model 3 but it has a backseat center armrest with foldable cupholders and a storage compartment, folding headrests, each backseat folds flat individually, the middle one has a cargo pass-through and there are power outlets everywhere. Also the materials, stitching, plastic parts and seat sculpting look higher quality. Those are not deal breakers but there's definitely things I'll miss after taking ownership of the car in 2026.