Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P pinched tire

Would you still drive with this tire?

• Yes still okay to drive.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No I'd replace it.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can see in the picture at the bottom spoke on the left side there's a tear in the sidewall from a pinch surely from hitting a pothole. 5,000 miles. Think it's still okay or am I ripe for a blowout?

PXL_20230620_220001187.jpg

That's the risk of low profiles. I've seen lately, a lot M3P drivers adopting to go with 18's even. This is particularly annoying when one lives in a place with bad roads. And yes, I think you might be rip for a blow out too. It almost looks like you're riding on the rim. Also not good for damaging the rims. Just my 2¢.

I think we may be out of luck on the Pirelli warranty though. It looks like they changed it, and I don't think these are considered Run Flats or sensorized. They took out the verbiage that used to be in the road hazard warranty for PNCS:

https://d3nv2arudvw7ln.cloudfront.n...sumer_Warranty_2023-05-01_C90-CD-QA-018-K.pdf (page 4)

Road Hazard Coverage for Run Flat and sensorized tires Pirelli provides road hazard coverage on Pirelli Original Equipment Tires and Replacement Tires that are sensorized or manufactured with Pirelli Run Flat technology. If a Pirelli Run Flat or sensorized tire becomes unserviceable due to road hazard damage within the first year from the date of purchase, or within the first 2/32” of the original usable tread, whichever occurs first, the Pirelli tire will be replaced with an identical or comparable tire at no charge for the tire to the owner.

On closing inspection on mine, the sidewall is starting to bulge / rip in the same spot. So yes, replacement tire it is. These 235's are just too narrow / stretched on the rims to offer any kind of protection from this happening.