Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P vs LR Model S refresh real runs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bmms8

Mar 17, 2016
CA
Me and @JADCa had a couple runs. He has a new LR Model S and i have a M3P on 19s.

Not very scientific, but LR definitely has its full body ahead of the M3P 0-60. On the highway pull of about 60-100, LR has even more pull which is quite impressive.

LR had a very small jump during both runs but its easy to recognize the pull it has over a M3P. Both cars were right around 85% SOC

Me and @JADCa had a couple runs. He has a new LR Model S and i have a M3P on 19s.

Not very scientific, but LR definitely has its full body ahead of the M3P 0-60. On the highway pull of about 60-100, LR has even more pull which is quite impressive.

LR had a very small jump during both runs but its easy to recognize the pull it has over a M3P. Both cars were right around 85% SOC

This is awesome to see, thank you for posting!

Reactions: hcdavis3 and bmms8
Here is a link to one of my videos of the fun

Both cars had about 90% charge. I used drag mode for the first time. FYI, the process is:
Click on controls>pedals>dragstrip mode
Then the car said preparing for 3 minutes. All of this can be done any time as it stayed ready until I turned it off ten minutes later.
When ready to launch, put the brake on hard, floor the gas and wait a few seconds for the nose to drop, then ready to launch appears in the bottom middle of the day(not by the preparing for launch in the to right)
Release the brake quickly and hang on.

High speed pull is definitely stronger than the 3P.

Here is a link to one of my videos of the fun

Both cars had about 90% charge. I used drag mode for the first time. FYI, the process is:
Click on controls>pedals>dragstrip mode
Then the car said preparing for 3 minutes. All of this can be done any time as it stayed ready until I turned it off ten minutes later.
When ready to launch, put the brake on hard, floor the gas and wait a few seconds for the nose to drop, then ready to launch appears in the bottom middle of the day(not by the preparing for launch in the to right)
Release the brake quickly and hang on.

High speed pull is definitely stronger than the 3P.
Awesome video, LR looks very impressive.

As an owner of a 2018 Model 3 Performance. All I can say is "la la la la la la I can't hear you!!!"

Dang, I don't need to be seeing this sorta thing. Gonna make it really tempting to get into a refreshed S. I just can't justify the $50k Plaid premium though. Seems like the Plaid's little brother will be quite impressive and catch a lot of people off guard. Can't wait for the Draggy and 1/4 mile times. Seems like a lot of Model 3 Performance owners are eyeing the S refresh.

The difference is MUCH bigger than I thought it would be. I have a -21 M3P with new refresh S on order. Actually ordered both the Plaid and the LR to decide when this kind of video appears. I do not need more grunt than what the M3P provides so the choice will easily fall on the LR. Thanks a bunch for the post. 🙏

Reactions: Aplus2005

Thanks for posting. Judging by these vids the MS LR probably runs low 11’s.

Reactions: Draketurner
The 3 is smaller and nimbler. I have not taken the LR on a track yet to test is handling at the limit, but I can't imagine it is great. It handles very nicely on the street, but without a lot of work, it isn't going to throttle street beautifully around a corner. The 3 with track mode is hard to beat at the limit on a track. They both weigh 1000lbs too much for gt3 like handling.

I have noticed the LR send to be setup for strong centering of the steering (maybe it is the yoke?), Versus the 3 which is fairly darty.