Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P vs M3LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone on the forum driven both the Highland LR and the Performance? If so, how would you compare them? I've had a M3P for 3.5 years and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm thinking now of trading it in but not sure whether to go for the P again or the LR this time. The difference of £10k isn't inconsiderable! How much quicker in practice is the P?

I've just got a LR, used to have a 2019 M3P. Certainly not as quick off tyhe line, but from 20 + mph it's hard to tell the difference. I don't regret geeting the LR at all. It's still got plently of punch and it's really efficient - although the new P is supposed to be more efficient than the last one.

This is interesting - he really likes the new P, but at the end says he'd probably buy the LR.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I've got a test drive in the Performance booked on Tuesday and I guess I should arrange a drive in a Long Range as well, to form a proper opinion. My head (and wallet!) say go for the LR but my heart keeps saying I'll regret not getting the P!