Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tire selection is very much dependent upon temperature and weather. I see you live in Florida. How do the PS4's handle rain at high speed (in terms of hydroplaning)?

Agreed. I take that for granted sometimes living in Florida and all. It is rainy season for us now and it is fine as long as you don't do anything stupid. I had a Camaro 1LE and it has Goodyear Supercar tires on it. Basically slicks and you had to get some real heat in them before they would even work in the dry. In the wet they could be pretty dicey with a lot of torque and RWD. If you keep the nannies on though you are fine. The worst part about the super sticky tires is all the little rocks getting flung up in the wheel wells and possibly hitting the paint.

It is rainy season for us now and it is fine as long as you don't do anything stupid.

To be fair, I've never driven a tire that wasn't "fine" in terms of hydroplaning "as long as you didn't do anything stupid".

In other words, it's up to the driver to drive within the limitations of the equipment and the conditions. But I appreciate tires that expand those limits. I end up driving through a lot of puddles and so hydroplaning resistance is a key measure of a tire's ability. Because I don't switch out my tires just because it's raining (or it's dry).

Model 3 performance new 18 inch wheel option now avail 7/15/19

So it turns out that this will be the P3D Stealth, not the P3D- or Weak3D.

It has Track Mode. No Track Mode was Fake News.
Model 3 performance new 18 inch wheel option now avail 7/15/19

Interesting. SO it's not even a P3D-? I didn't realize (I'm assuming here based on the questions around track mode) that the P3D- didn't have track mode where as mine does...so like you called it, a new designation needs to be added? P3DS? lol

Interesting. SO it's not even a P3D-? I didn't realize (I'm assuming here based on the questions around track mode) that the P3D- didn't have track mode where as mine does...so like you called it, a new designation needs to be added? P3DS? lol

Now I have just confused things. Today there has been a lot of confusion about what exactly the “new” ~$50k P3D Stealth will have. Specifically, whether it has Track Mode.

So, yours is a P3D Stealth (some call it P3D- but people don’t like that), since it has Track Mode.

There has also been confusion about how much this new version of the car will cost.

So, if you don’t mind saying, how much did you pay? Most people expect it to be ~$50k. But there is an article out there that says it will still be $55k (which makes no sense).

I'm picking up mine next week and I paid extra for the white interior and it was $50,950. I have attached the order sheet if you want to look at it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190718-155803.png
    Screenshot_20190718-155803.png
    136.8 KB · Views: 130
Every LR AWD which is in inventory or in route to a sales desination IS a P3D- in disguise. Just needs an update and Boom you have zero to 60 in 3.2
Im lucky enough to know a sales rep in CA who has debunked these cars were made by accident statement.
Anyone can call can order on right now for $49,990 for a white one with black interior.
Anyone wanting to deal w a competent sales rep who knows the product inside and out, PM me and I will give you his personal contact info to order seamlessly.

Here's the thing: I ordered an LR AWD on Wednesday, sales advisor said 2 weeks.
We connected this morning and I asked for the P3D-, exact same config -- boom, I have a VIN and delivery date early next week.

How do you explain VIN assignment on the spot for P3D- but not for the LR AWD config?

confg.jpg

Last edited:
So does yours actually say performance in dash w track mode? Does it have the awd performance badge installed? We all want to know!!!

No, somewhat disappointingly, I can’t find any mention of performance anywhere. No track mode. The console display just said Dual Motor Long Range.
Long story, but there was some confusion over the badges on back of car before I left. My badge says Dual Motor with red line underneath. They took it back and we’re going to change it to performance badging, but ended up that IS the performance badging?
Then a guy came and handed me my keys and said the Performance was a software update that I should see finish very soon.
As of yet, I haven’t found where it definitely has the performance software update. Was
Hoping to wake up this morning and see it mentioned somewhere but I didn’t. Will call them later today.