Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I was purchasing mine in September, they had 2 stealths with black interior (DC metro area) and the sales agent he hadn't seen white interiors for these. I was dead set on white/white so ended up getting the standard P+.

I bought LR AWD and returned it a few days later to buy the P+. The LR AWD was incredibly fast and the whole Tesla experience blinded me to the point where I thought that if I did not buy the P+ then I would regret it forever. A purely gratuitous decision I know... which I somehow justified as the best decision ever and now I have now regrets. (well... I left the showroom looking back at the performance S...)

I think the steath is an amazing in-between.

As a random side note, switching out of my 20 year Geico policy to Progressive halved my insurance when after adding the 3 to the policy.

When I was purchasing mine in September, they had 2 stealths with black interior (DC metro area) and the sales agent he hadn't seen white interiors for these. I was dead set on white/white so ended up getting the standard P+.

I bought LR AWD and returned it a few days later to buy the P+. The LR AWD was incredibly fast and the whole Tesla experience blinded me to the point where I thought that if I did not buy the P+ then I would regret it forever. A purely gratuitous decision I know... which I somehow justified as the best decision ever and now I have now regrets. (well... I left the showroom looking back at the performance S...)

I think the steath is an amazing in-between.

As a random side note, switching out of my 20 year Geico policy to Progressive halved my insurance when after adding the 3 to the policy.
Insurance is a whole other ball of wax.
I had been with GEICO 23 years I think.. and they quoted me 1500/yr roughly. I went to State Farm they were at 1425.
I went back to geico, made some adjustments to coverage, notably finding and deleting a large BS charge for essentially an extended warranty on mechanicals that I didn't even know I had been paying. and suddenly I was down to maybe 1250.
There have been some hiccups with my delivery so I called geico and told the to put the swap from old car on ice for a couple of weeks.
lo and behold got an "unrelated" customer service call a day later... something that had never happened. And the geico rep said she was just doing a routine check of long-time customers to see if they qualified for "preferred" status.
I thought she was wasting my time but she took the info went away and came back and ...knocked about $200/6 months off my current car's premium and said the savings would be similar on the Model 3.
They must have an algorithm that suggested from my conniptions and reversal on the Model 3 quote that I was about to leave them.

Ok, now I’m confused. Again :D

Is there any difference between “stealth” and “sleeper”? If either comes with 19” wheels, how is that different from normal Performance trims? I’m guessing it’s brakes and spoilers.

I’m possibly interested in P upgrade for $2k, but really prefer 18” wheels and need to be clear on nomenclature.

Stealth and sleeper are the same... they can come with 18” or 19” wheels.

the differences between the stealth/sleeper and the performance is that the performance comes with 20” wheels, a carbon fiber spoiler, aluminum pedals, and bigger brakes/calipers...for roughly 5-7 thousand dollars more I believe

Reactions: OverEZPZ
They're one and the same. Someone posted on here that SAs call these cars "sleepers"; some prefer to call them "M3P-", "unicorn", or "stealth" cars. The car itself is essentially an LR AWD trim with upgraded software, so they can zoom to 60 mph in 3.X seconds. These cars don't have the upgraded brakes, CF spoiler, track mode, 20" wheels, etc.

Just switched my order from + to - and trying to catch up on current theories. Seems the debate is whether the standard AWD is/will be upgradable to P3D-.
They're one and the same. Someone posted on here that SAs call these cars "sleepers"; some prefer to call them "M3P-", "unicorn", or "stealth" cars. The car itself is essentially an LR AWD trim with upgraded software, so they can zoom to 60 mph in 3.X seconds. These cars don't have the upgraded brakes, CF spoiler, track mode, 20" wheels, etc.

Thought they do have track mode. Can recent owners confirm?

Yes they all have track mode

Full Performance spec (p3d+) comes with 20" wheels not 19" or 18" ' plus the other exterior differences.

The upcharge may be now $3K ? ; used to be $2K ; please correct if that is not accurate.

P3-, stealth, unicorn, sleepers, performance with aeros ; there is no exact name so those are all the same.

19's are rare on these, most were made with the 18" aeros
White interior are rare on these, most were made with black interior.

No, you cannot order one. They are sold from dealer location stock only.
In most cases you take what you can get cause waiting for something specific to appear really decreases your chances ; not many of these are made.

Yes they all have track mode

Full Performance spec (p3d+) comes with 20" wheels not 19" or 18" ' plus the other exterior differences.

The upcharge may be now $3K ? ; used to be $2K ; please correct if that is not accurate.

P3-, stealth, unicorn, sleepers, performance with aeros ; there is no exact name so those are all the same.

19's are rare on these, most were made with the 18" aeros
White interior are rare on these, most were made with black interior.

No, you cannot order one. They are sold from dealer location stock only.
In most cases you take what you can get cause waiting for something specific to appear really decreases your chances ; not many of these are made.
Upcharge just for the P- part is $2k. some of course are bumped more for non-white paint, FSD, 19-inch wheels.

Upcharge just for the P- part is $2k. some of course are bumped more for non-white paint, FSD, 19-inch wheels.

Thanks for clarifying that.
Outside of paint, interior, rim upgrades I knew that the AWD Performance Model increased in price Q4 so assumed they bumped this software induced Performance change as well but guess not.
This is the best value among Model 3 options without question in my mind.

I was looking for one of these but caved before I could get my hands on one buying an AWD instead ; now hoping I will have a chance to pay for a software upgrade some day to get close to the performance specs as the car is that amazing.

Should also add for any newcomers: every Telsa employee will tell you this is the last one, they are not making any more of these, etc... those are all little white lies. Truthful in that they may not have any more and no idea if they will be getting anymore but this has been said multiple times in 2019 and turned out to be incorrect. At certain times they seem to make up a batch of them, predicting when and to which locations they will be shipped to is the unknown.

Yes.. they will be made they are making money from them not as much but still extra revenue especially by adding more Teslas on the roads.. as long as you have a good SA then these cars will come. May not always be the exact color combo but that's up to you to make that determination. There are still a couple available spread out. Hope you guys get what you want... I've been sick so I haven't been online but I'll help whoever needs one. I dont care for referrals

Yes.. they will be made they are making money from them not as much but still extra revenue especially by adding more Teslas on the roads.. as long as you have a good SA then these cars will come. May not always be the exact color combo but that's up to you to make that determination. There are still a couple available spread out. Hope you guys get what you want... I've been sick so I haven't been online but I'll help whoever needs one. I dont care for referrals

I want one anywhere in California. Ideally Pearl White, Black Interior, 19” wheels, FSD
Really hoping they start to show up soon on the West coast.
:)

i have a AWD-LR on order .. but this sounds very compelling ..

If someone has a line on a white ext version of this car .. i'd be interested -- i'm in seattle, but as long as the state allows a drive off registration .. and i can brnig it back to WA in a day or two .. i have no problem jumping no a flight to go pick it up.

The rumbling is cali will be last. So sometime in december. But I've heard that before and tomorrow there was cars everywhere lol

yeah, and the last batch of stealths showed up before the regular orders were filled on the east coast. I’m hoping that means the same will be true for west coast and we’ll see some in the next couple weeks.

Please note that the Stealths are a true Performance car and specifically NOT just a software upgraded AWD.

Performance cars ( with or without the spoiler, etc pkg ) have different drive components than the 2019/2020 AWD.

The AWDs do NOT have track mode but ALL of the Performance 3s do.

A lot of the Stealth owners (especially here in the cold northeast with lousy roads) didn’t want the other Performance version specifically because of the 20 inch wheels and summer tires. The greatly reduced price didn’t hurt either! The Stealth is perfect for our needs.

Although very rare there are some 2019/2020 Stealths with white interiors and or 19 inch wheels. I own a w/w July 2029 Stealth that came with the 19s.

I’ve owned a lot of true high performance cars over the years but the Stealth is special.