Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post here and have a delivery scheduled for my Stealth M3P- tomorrow....
My current lease isn't up so if someone can confirm these are still being built, i'd love to push delivery to next month.
If you are getting configuration/color you want, don’t wait. Nobody can tell you accurately whether/when more are coming.

If you are getting configuration/color you want, don’t wait. Nobody can tell you accurately whether/when more are coming.
Exactly.

There are a few threads around about guys that had a SR guarantee them a P3D- in the future, just to be disappointed.

I hesitated on exactly the car I wanted for 16 hours. I ended up having to go with my third choice of exterior color and second choice of interior color. My only regret is hesitating and not getting exactly the car I wanted.

Do it. Now. Before you can't.

First post here and have a delivery scheduled for my Stealth M3P- tomorrow....
My current lease isn't up so if someone can confirm these are still being built, i'd love to push delivery to next month.

Yes, as long as it is the car you actually want, and you're ok with the extra cost of buying early, probably best to buy given the uncertainty here.

Depends on when your lease is up of course. If it's next month or two, yeah, just buy. If it's 6 months away, I'd definitely wait!

My bet is these will continue to be available, but in the end, I'm just guessing. It is certainly not guaranteed.

I'm settling (on black) - i wanted white (which i had a configuration for) but when went to reserve, my luck, was gone (same day).

I wouldn't settle, unless you actually don't care. Again, depends on the timeframe in question. If it's just a month on your lease, you have relatively little time to find what you want (unless you have backup transportation). If you've got a few months, you could take your chances.

In the end it's just gambling since no one really knows when/whether they will make more P3D-. Personally I wouldn't get a color I didn't want.

Exactly.

There are a few threads around about guys that had a SR guarantee them a P3D- in the future, just to be disappointed.

I hesitated on exactly the car I wanted for 16 hours. I ended up having to go with my third choice of exterior color and second choice of interior color. My only regret is hesitating and not getting exactly the car I wanted.

Do it. Now. Before you can't.
Don't regret. In the end you got the best color combo there is. You'll come around.

Seems like a lot of new inventory has been getting delivered to the Eastern side of the US recently.

Batch up to VIN# 494988 it looks like with some white/white available in inventory.

Anyone on the Eastern side checked to see if new P3D-'s have become available?

This is brilliant marketing by somebody! When I bought my Stealth in 2018, very few on this forum were interested in it. Now that it is a secret off menu car, they can’t make enough and people are using the underground Tesla network to find them.

The increased interest is a result of lower pricing for a M3P-. If they put it on the menu they would sell a lot more of them but they probably don't because they would lose sales of the M3P+. The mistake Tesla is making is that they are only charging $2k more for the P- upgrade. IMO, they could easily get $3,500 for the performance software unlock and track mode. What else delivers this level of performance for less than $60k?

.IMO, they could easily get $3,500 for the performance software unlock and track mode. What else delivers this level of performance for less than $60k?

At 2K I ordered it immediately. At 3.5k I’d have just gone with the AWD. Assuming there is no price difference in parts, that was 2K they wouldn’t have had. And I wouldn’t have regretted saving 3.5k. However. I’d spend that 2k
again in a heart beat. So much fun.

Reactions: Nels
At 2K I ordered it immediately. At 3.5k I’d have just gone with the AWD. Assuming there is no price difference in parts, that was 2K they wouldn’t have had. And I wouldn’t have regretted saving 3.5k. However. I’d spend that 2k
again in a heart beat. So much fun.

What if you would have test drove it first and then had to decide? ;) $1500 more when you are spending 50k already is nothing when it comes to performance. Folks drop $1500 on an after market exhaust to pickup 5 horsepower. You picked up 100hp/100lb ft of torque for $2k. Crazy cheap when you think about it that way. On an ICE based vehicle you would need a supercharger for $10k to pickup that kind of power.

I wish Telsa would just list these P- cars on the web page if it will drive more sales. They just increased the P+ a $1000 after a $5k drop post tax credit change. Capturing enthusiasts is important for Tesla as we tend to be the most educated about the car and wind up being the best extended sales force for the company.

Reactions: PhaseWhite
I put a deposit on a black 3P- on Saturday. There were several others in the Mid-Atlantic region when I asked.

The sales person I'm dealing with stated they had disappeared for a bit but he's starting to see more show up again.

Would be great to know when you get your car if it has a July built date or an August one. Please report back, August build would prove they made more / more are coming.