Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like a lot of new inventory has been getting delivered to the Eastern side of the US recently.

Batch up to VIN# 494988 it looks like with some white/white available in inventory.

Anyone on the Eastern side checked to see if new P3D-'s have become available?

I just did a 2,100 mile road trip from New Hampshire to Colorado (not in a Tesla) and saw 11 semis fully loaded with Model 3s going the opposite direction and cheered each time one passed. I rarely saw other transporters, but if I did they were usually mixed brands and the only consistent brand I saw was Jeep (saw 3 semis total hauling Jeep Gladiator pickups). It was exciting to see Teslas getting dispersed all over the country!

Will do, should be picking it up this Saturday.
If you already have your VIN, the VIN denotes the year and month of manufacturing. In the middle of the VIN will have a “K” followed by another letter then the numbers within the line The “K” is in 2019 and the next letter represents the month. For example KF is june 2019, KG is July, and KH is Aug 2019. Here is an example of a model 3 manufactured in June 2019
5YJ3E1EB6KF434975

If you already have your VIN, the VIN denotes the year and month of manufacturing. In the middle of the VIN will have a “K” followed by another letter then the numbers within the line The “K” is in 2019 and the next letter represents the month. For example KF is june 2019, KG is July, and KH is Aug 2019. Here is an example of a model 3 manufactured in June 2019
5YJ3E1EB6KF434975

I don't know this works in terms of 3P- cars, but I have a 3P+ which was built in April, 2019, and mine has KF in the middle.

There are several black/black/aero P3- cars currently available in the midwest. As of last week, there is no up-charge for black paint for these cars, so they are priced at 49.9. PM me for my sales guy's contact details if you are interested. There is no additional inventory coming online, according to him.

5YJ3E1EB6KF434975

that's not correct- the month is not in the VIN anywhere, only the year.

F in the 11th digit is location of manufacture- which is F for every model 3 ever made so far- Freemont.

Reactions: MP3Mike
There are several black/black/aero P3- cars currently available in the midwest. As of last week, there is no up-charge for black paint for these cars, so they are priced at 49.9. PM me for my sales guy's contact details if you are interested. There is no additional inventory coming online, according to him.

For the record, mine did have the black paint upcharge when I bought in July for exactly the same configuration so that's a great deal (stealth discount) if it pans out.

For the record, mine did have the black paint upcharge when I bought in July for exactly the same configuration so that's a great deal (stealth discount) if it pans out.
My configuration is up charged as well for the black. There are a few black, grey and blues available in the northeast...no white unfortunately. Per my contacts (corporate and multiple SA/managers) these are July builds and they don't know/think more are incoming.
Frankly, not that I think these guys are being disingenuous but considering they sell cars like they think they are iPods, I don't necessarily think everyone's "in the know"

Here is a copy of my order agreement, you can see the $750 adjustment at the bottom.

adjustment.JPG

Just got off the phone with my Tesla Advisor. Black/Black Stealth M3P- was 55990 with FSD (vapor-ware). Stellar deal. Swapped out my White/Black LR AWD order for the stealth. Not going to look back.

Just to re-iterate what others are saying... The advisor said he spoke with someone who knew about the stealth production and it was a surprise to the sales advisers when the models became available in their inventory.

I asked if there was any way he could determine that my custom order VIN (produced in the same timeframe) might be a stealth model. Answer: No.

He also told me that the difference between LR AWD Performance and LR AWD is not simply a software difference. There is a different inverter installed on the Performance model to allow higher throughput.

There are 6 more available in the Southeast. Black, blue and red are available.

Hope this helps and for those of you banking on your LR AWD being in the same "batch". I wouldn't hold your breath. It seems like this stealth inventory was intentional, not random.

Last edited:
My SA just sold one from someone here on the forums lol. Now thats like 5 people she sold too. I wish I get something for it, but glad the community is getting their cars. for sure though she told me white is pretty much not available. :p She told me theres a bunch of black ones available.. I wonder why.

Last edited:
My SA just sold one from someone here on the forums lol. Now thats like 5 people she sold too. I wish I get something for it, but glad the community is getting their cars. for sure though she told me white is pretty much not available. :p She told me theres a bunch of black ones available.. I wonder why.

I hope you do get something out of this! I for one wouldn't be enjoying my white/white P3D- if it was not for this post you started. Much thanks to you.

Update:
So they unmatched me as i couldnt take (immediate) delivery (was traveling) but rematched to a another vehicle (black/black).
Turns out, the partial credit ($260) i was getting for the color was gone! Happened upon a showroom in Paramus NJ - went in (knew one of the SA) and got them to rematch me with a car 10 days away (perfect for my timeline) and i got the full $750 color credit!

Reactions: Nels