Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Australia all 18" wheels get Pilot Sport 4 tyres. SR+ and P3D-.

I have mine in-flight to me for delivery 23/9.

Thought you may be interested in what an Australian invoice looks like :-D

screenshot_20190828-110834_onedrive-jpg.447218

screenshot_20190828-110916_onedrive-jpg.447217
I was reading it like, oh thats not so bad. Pretty close to American pricing after currency conversion. Then I got to the second page. What defines a luxury car in Australia. I would not consider a Model 3 luxury. Stamp duty is a bit of a lame fee too.

I was reading it like, oh thats not so bad. Pretty close to American pricing after currency conversion. Then I got to the second page. What defines a luxury car in Australia. I would not consider a Model 3 luxury. Stamp duty is a bit of a lame fee too.

Luxury taxes are based on pricing, no one is evaluating different cars deciding if it is a luxury car or not. Luxury taxes are typically a % tax over some threshold. The U.S. used to have luxury taxes on cars (and other goods) but the tax has mostly been eliminated.

Yeah, 25% tax above 65k for ICE cars and above 75k for hybrids and electric. Theoretically it was there to protect our local car industry, but the last factory shut down about 5 years ago.

The stamp duty is collected by the state, the rest is federal. Despite the fact that the states get their slice of the GST as well.

Wow my OA said there's a lot of stealths available... maybe tesla is just letting them come up?

Lol good to know. All those theories about wrong inverter installation by factory mistakes and selling AWD as P with software might be just proven wrong.

This might be good news and strategy for Tesla to ramp up Q3 delivery numbers as people will unload their AWD’s and LR RWD’s in used market. Win win for consumers in open market pricing and Tesla both.

Hopefully a new Tesla owner in a few days...here’s my P3D- ordering experience:

August 29: Called my local Tesla showroom inquiring about P3D- inventory. Wasn’t expecting anything but was surprised when the advisor told me he just sold one but had one more black/black available. I put the deposit down to reserve it.

August 31: Delivery reaches out and asks when I want to take the vehicle. I said I need a couple more days to wait for financing. They immediately unmatched my VIN (385xxx) and set me for rematch on 9/3

September 2: Go in person to meet advisor asking if there were any more P3D- available. Advisor didn’t say whether there were any but would keep an eye out for one. Not sure if he was busy or what but he wouldn’t actually check the system for me.

Today: Texted advisor asking if there was any luck finding one. He replied an hour later with a positive response and a VIN (432xxx). Delivery set for Friday.

I believe Tesla is close to 500xxx VINs now so it seems these are slightly older vehicles. That said, they don’t seem hard to find in black/black/18” configuration. I actually think Tesla just made them a secret menu item and you can get one if you push enough but maybe that’s just because I’ve been able to “secure” 2 in less than a week.

Reactions: Scott7
Was in Maryland showroom and the employee went through all available regions across the country. It seemed like the 'Greater DC area' had a few in black, no blue or white and maybe one or two silver and red. These all also seem to be early July build or so. Not sure what that means in terms of build changes, i.e. vegan steering wheel or anything. Seemed to be no White exterior P3D- in the whole country.

Was in Maryland showroom and the employee went through all available regions across the country. It seemed like the 'Greater DC area' had a few in black, no blue or white and maybe one or two silver and red. These all also seem to be early July build or so. Not sure what that means in terms of build changes, i.e. vegan steering wheel or anything. Seemed to be no White exterior P3D- in the whole country.

I checked my P3D- that I picked up on 8/30 and its a July 2019 build.