Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kenny's OA sorted me out right away, and my local OA contacted me after the fact- too late for them I'm afraid.

The difference between a good OA and a crappy one is rather large I'm afraid. I'm genuinely convinced much of the misinformation on this forum is due to crappy OAs basically lying through their teeth or speaking out of pure ignorance (that's me being PC) then that information is regurgitated here and commonly corrected by all of us. It's maddening. These are paid Tesla employees that either don't know or don't care about the product they are selling.

Once you find a good OA, stick with her/him.

Reactions: eustachio
Where do you find that certificate?

For people in self register states, Tesla will send original certificate of origin of a vehicle document. Basically there are 3 types of states for Tesla for which I fall under category C below.

A) Tesla can directly sell and register.
B) Tesla cannot directly sell but still register.
C) Tesla cannot directly sell nor directly register.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
OK, this is a bit strange...

For a few weeks, all of the P3D- inventory pretty much dried up. Other than an odd car here, and an odd car there, they just weren't available.

Yet coincidentally, a few weeks after the factory re-tools for North American vehicle production, some more P3D- cars are showing up. Hmmmmm....

We need build dates on these recent P3D- cars... bad.

For a few weeks, all of the P3D- inventory pretty much dried up. Other than an odd car here, and an odd car there, they just weren't available.

Yet coincidentally, a few weeks after the factory re-tools for North American vehicle production, some more P3D- cars are showing up. Hmmmmm....

Build dates are 9/19. They have the reverse fake sound on em. This is confirmed

• Informative

Seemingly less strange actually.
They made a batch of them in July ; once they sold out they made a batch of them in Sept
Only August did they not because they still had enough around and August production seemed geared to catching up on other markets outside the US

Only reason for not putting them on the menu is they fear P+ sales will be cannibalized.
Can only assume they exist for a good sales person to talk an AWD buyer to pay $2K more for.

They gotta have something up their sleeves to get people on the fence to buy. It's a great deal, imo... I held a model 3 reservation day 1 but cancelled because the performance/cost ratio wasnt there for me. Now I'm taking delivery at the end of the month.... hopefully.