Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Main Model X page 70D option missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed the main page for MX has now omitted the 70D option as a battery choice. It is likely an update in progress to some of the information on that page as the 90D text is missing as well. P90D looks as it had since Sep 29.

Scroll to bottom to see
Model X | Tesla Motors

The 5-seat version is gone as well. Perhaps eliminating the "base" MX version to make more room for the Model Y?

Just noticed the main page for MX has now omitted the 70D option as a battery choice. It is likely an update in progress to some of the information on that page as the 90D text is missing as well. P90D looks as it had since Sep 29.

Scroll to bottom to see
Model X | Tesla Motors

Interesting. That's new today I think. I have a 70 on order and was just on that page yesterday or the day before to look something up. It was there the last time I looked. Either some change coming or an "oops" by the web master.

Interesting. That's new today I think. I have a 70 on order and was just on that page yesterday or the day before to look something up. It was there the last time I looked. Either some change coming or an "oops" by the web master.
Here's to hoping its a 75D and it gets announced along with the Model 3 top tier battery!
As you might recall, Elon had previously hinted at "something like a 70D" for the smaller MX battery before deleting his tweet.

Haven't configured yet but when I log in to finalize it still shows the 70d option.

Out of curiosity, does it still show the 5 seat option? I was curious because theoretically the 70D box and parts of the 90D box disappearing could be a web or editing glitch. However, removal of the 5 seat option is clearly deliberate since the associated text was also changed to explicitly say the X is available in only 2 seating configurations.

My bet is that they will announce the 100D and the 90D is the new base. Everyone who bought a 90D gets a free OTA upgrade to 100D. Those that ordered a 70D get bumped to 90D.

Crazy?
I bet the 100kwh will be like a $3k option. Kind of like when 85 kwh and 90 kwh both existed, the 90 kwh was an additional $3k. It won't piss off previously customer this way.