Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome, congrats! And if I remember correctly your last EDD was still out a ways... it was the same as mine but one day back. Your suddenly getting VIN... and the first white-seats order in awhile to get it... gives me hope!
Yes, yesterday my EDD was 11/20 - 12/18. I checked the app this morning around 8 or 9 and that date was still showing. Then I went to the website and had a VIN. Fingers crossed for you!

I keep checking my EDD daily with no change. But as I was doing some reading on this Forums this morning BOOM I get an email. Sad thing is it was only saying:

"Based on the delivery date of your Model Y, you will receive a Tesla Shop promo code closer to your delivery date that you can redeem for Tesla Mobile Connector or put toward the purchase of Tesla Wall Connector. Your vehicle comes standard with a J1772 Adapter that is compatible with third-party charging stations."

I was getting excited but nope just an email. LOL
I received the same email but my EDD is 11/25-12/30, does that mean I am Getting the car earlier?

Do people get VIN with a 14-day EDD? Or it always come down to a 7-day first? My EDD is very close but its a 14-day window always.

OD: 03/16/2022 (MYLR/Blue/Black/19”/NoTow/NoFSD
Recent EDDs:
10/22/2022 - 10/31/2022
10/21/2022- 10/30/2022
10/30/2022 - 11/13/2022
11/02/2022 - 11/16/2022

Do people get VIN with a 14-day EDD? Or it always come down to a 7-day first? My EDD is very close but its a 14-day window always.

OD: 03/16/2022 (MYLR/Blue/Black/19”/NoTow/NoFSD
Recent EDDs:
10/22/2022 - 10/31/2022
10/21/2022- 10/30/2022
10/30/2022 - 11/13/2022
11/02/2022 - 11/16/2022
My EDD went from 14 day to 7 day when I got a VIN. It never went to 7days and then waited a few days before a VIN. But I've seen people go to 10 day windows without a VIN. I think once you have 7 day window you will always have a VIN even if it doesn't show up in the obvious locations until a bit later.
For example my VIN didn't show on my account or app till I actually scheduled a time and date for delivery. However the day I got the 7 day window I also had an MVPA show up in my account and that had the VIN on it. The VIN showed up in the source code of my account a few days later.

In the wise words of the great wrinkly Yoda - "Patience you must have, my young padawan". The delivery date will be scheduled soon since you already have the VIN and all other tasks completed. Tesla customer service is now notorious for their crappy service. I wouldn't be surprised if they called you and told you to pick it up from the factory. Not the one in Fremont or Texas or Berlin. But the one in China.

Got 2 weeks EDD range and a VIN a week ago, then a few days later a 7 day window narrowing the time, then a 1-2 day adjustment, then a text saying it was incoming this last weekend, and to schedule delivery. They are bringing to my house since we are close to the Irvine CA location, on Wednesday. Soonest was Tuesday.. Ordered the wall charger with coupon a week ago and showed up quickly. I think I will need to buy a mobile charger as we have not gotten our Level 2 charging installed yet 🤪. Maybe via craigslist..

Reactions: sveetcharm
My MYLR was delivered today. The delivery window was between 4 pm and 8 pm but they dropped it off around 10 am and I was able to enjoy driving it for most of the day today! Red exterior, white interior, 5 seats, 19" wheels, no tow, no FSD. The order date was March 4.

Tesla has dramatically improved the suspension since I test-drove a MYLR back in March, and the difference between a new MY and an older 3 or S is night and day. The driving experience is far superior to any ICE car. Instant acceleration (at highway speeds acceleration is still lightning fast), one-pedal driving, excellent seating position, great steering wheel. Excellent feedback from the steering and suspension, you really feel connected to the road. Fantastic handling due to the low center of gravity. The seats are the best I've ever used. The design is fantastic. The cabin is INSANELY quiet. Even on the freeway, I can't believe how little road noise I heard.

I got a really loud color combination, red paint and white seats. I wondered if it would be a little too much but it's not -- not at all.

Admittedly, some of the details aren't quite on par with those of a European luxury car. The panels don't line up perfectly (but they are good enough, I'm not going to complain), there is a little gap at the top of the B-pillars, and there were little bits of black lint on a couple of the white seat cushions because whoever got the car ready was in a hurry and didn't bother cleaning them up. But the overall level of quality and fit and finish is excellent, if an Audi interior is at 100% Tesla is at 95. My 2016 E-Class is a little... tighter... there are no gaps anywhere in the interior, and the materials seem slightly more durable (although they are not super luxurious) but I actually think the Tesla's fit and finish is superior in many ways. The Mercedes has some massive panel gaps. Everything lines up, one panel does not appear a couple of centimeters lower than another... but there are some really big gaps. The Tesla looks a little better.

I got the new door trim. It had ultrasonic censors. DId not have a package shelf or matrix headlights. I don't care about any of that, it's a fantastic car and a joy to drive.

The one thing I didn't get, oddly enough, was the Gemini wheel covers. I don't know if the service center ran out or if someone just forgot to put them on, but the car came without any hubcaps. That's fine with me, I prefer the look of the actual 19" wheels, so my plan was to take the wheel covers off and put them back for lengthy road trips, but it is sort of a funny oversight. I scheduled a service appointment, hopefully they will just give me a set of hubcaps when I arrive.

This has been a really great day, it's a wonderful car and I can't wait to drive it for many happy years. Only have one picture right now, may post others later.
IMG_1989.jpeg

My MYLR was delivered today. The delivery window was between 4 pm and 8 pm but they dropped it off around 10 am and I was able to enjoy driving it for most of the day today! Red exterior, white interior, 5 seats, 19" wheels, no tow, no FSD. The order date was March 4.

Tesla has dramatically improved the suspension since I test-drove a MYLR back in March, and the difference between a new MY and an older 3 or S is night and day. The driving experience is far superior to any ICE car. Instant acceleration (at highway speeds acceleration is still lightning fast), one-pedal driving, excellent seating position, great steering wheel. Excellent feedback from the steering and suspension, you really feel connected to the road. Fantastic handling due to the low center of gravity. The seats are the best I've ever used. The design is fantastic. The cabin is INSANELY quiet. Even on the freeway, I can't believe how little road noise I heard.

I got a really loud color combination, red paint and white seats. I wondered if it would be a little too much but it's not -- not at all.

Admittedly, some of the details aren't quite on par with those of a European luxury car. The panels don't line up perfectly (but they are good enough, I'm not going to complain), there is a little gap at the top of the B-pillars, and there were little bits of black lint on a couple of the white seat cushions because whoever got the car ready was in a hurry and didn't bother cleaning them up. But the overall level of quality and fit and finish is excellent, if an Audi interior is at 100% Tesla is at 95. My 2016 E-Class is a little... tighter... there are no gaps anywhere in the interior, and the materials seem slightly more durable (although they are not super luxurious) but I actually think the Tesla's fit and finish is superior in many ways. The Mercedes has some massive panel gaps. Everything lines up, one panel does not appear a couple of centimeters lower than another... but there are some really big gaps. The Tesla looks a little better.

I got the new door trim. It had ultrasonic censors. DId not have a package shelf or matrix headlights. I don't care about any of that, it's a fantastic car and a joy to drive.

The one thing I didn't get, oddly enough, was the Gemini wheel covers. I don't know if the service center ran out or if someone just forgot to put them on, but the car came without any hubcaps. That's fine with me, I prefer the look of the actual 19" wheels, so my plan was to take the wheel covers off and put them back for lengthy road trips, but it is sort of a funny oversight. I scheduled a service appointment, hopefully they will just give me a set of hubcaps when I arrive.

This has been a really great day, it's a wonderful car and I can't wait to drive it for many happy years. Only have one picture right now, may post others later. View attachment 869675
Very detailed experience. Thank you and congratulations. I am patiently waiting.

Can you explain the USB thing for telling what cameras?
I turns out there were two USB sticks and I seemed to recall someone saying that I could tell from the size of the images whether I had the the 4 mpixel cameras. I was never able to do that but photos post of the two types of camera lenses revealed that I apperently did not get the new cameras.