Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Market politics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I read the article. You do know that the State Dept raised concerned out how bad it looked for Hunter to be involved with Burisma?
https://nypost.com/2019/10/18/state-department-official-raised-concerns-about-hunter-biden/

That looks easily as bad was the concerns voiced about Trump's phone call. Big different, Hunter profited off his, Trump did not.
Of course it looked bad, no one here ever said otherwise, but it was perfectly legal. Big difference, Trump violated the constitution, Biden did not.

No you haven't, not even close, since the evidence you presented didn't even support your case, and we presented a much larger volume of evidence. That fact that you think you've made a convincing argument says quite a bit.

Being able to tell the difference between an assertion and an argument is a skill. It can be learned, but unfortunately not enough people have learned it. Some people who would be expected to know, such as Ann Coulter (who has a law degree), either conveniently set it aside to carry water for indefensible positions, or have actually forgotten the skill (hard to tell which).

People also have confirmation bias. I think everyone (including me) who has participated in this thread for any length of time is guilty of it here and there. I try and check myself. When the article about Hunter Biden's time with Burisma was posted, I gave consideration that I may have missed something, but it was obvious the article was essentially backing up what I've been saying all along: what Hunter Biden did doesn't look good and may have been ethically a bit sketchy, but he did nothing illegal. Burisma was investigated after Joe Biden got the Ukraine to fire the corrupt prosecutor and Burisma and its CEO were nailed for unpaid taxes. Any other crimes Burisma are being investigated for happened before Hunter had any involvement with the company.

There is not a shred of evidence that Hunter had anything to do with the tax situation and he can't be held liable for anything the company did before he had anything to do with the company.

The article laid out the story completely that I previously only had in pieces. So I now understand it in more depth. But even when I'm hard on myself about possible confirmation bias on this issue, the facts are so far supporting my beliefs rather than contradicting them.

Reactions: JRP3
what Hunter Biden did doesn't look goo
It is easy to explain what Burisma did. They were looking to raise capital in western markets and one thing the companies who want to do that will do is to get someone from the west on the board. But instead of trying to get a retired board member of a company in same / similar industry they got the son of US VP. That was poor judgment. Hunter of course has had poor judgement for a long time - he is the black sheep of the family. The son of VP doesn't become a heroin addict without abundant poor judgement. That Biden didn't intervene and ask him to quite also shows poor judgement from Biden - but that is nothing new either. Biden voted for Iraq war, after all.

All this, though, has nothing to do with Trump. He has been doing stuff almost with a "I dare you to impeach me" attitude. Whether its continuing to keep all his business ventures or his sons signing multi-million dollar deals in various countries or firing FBI director after he refuses to shutdown Russia investigation or ...

If not for this thing coming out in to open, there would be something else. When a President doesn't care about his actions and doesn't understand the consequences - impeachment is the obvious result.

But instead of trying to get a retired board member of a company in same / similar industry they got the son of US VP. That was poor judgment.

Board members are frequently not from the same or similar industry. Many boards in the US have board members from a variety of industries. The "poor judgement" part comes from the possible appearance of conflict of interest due to his father's job.

Last edited:
Board members are frequently not from the same or similar industry. Many boards in the US have board members from a variety of industries. The "poor judgement" part comes from the possible appearance of conflict of interest due to his father's job, a consideration that is probably not actually very important to those who make those attacks.
Right, but in the context - a foreign company with one western board member- you want someone from the industry who Wall st trusts. Definitely not the son of VP who couldn’t get into the navy because of a failed drug test.

• Funny
Reactions: alloverx
Right, but in the context - a foreign company with one western board member- you want someone from the industry who Wall st trusts. Definitely not the son of VP who couldn’t get into the navy because of a failed drug test.

No idea how those things work over there....anyway I don't see why any of that would become a major diplomatic issue of presidential concern unless for election campaign interests.

A much more relevant point, which is falling a bit under the table because of "Rudy"s weird performances, is that according to his own statements on TV, he was acting as Trump's personal lawyer in his personal interest, yet Trump made him a key part of diplomatic activity and told all kinds of domestic and foreign diplomats and officials to talk to "Rudy".

Deep Throat of Watergate fame advised Woodward to "follow the money." Maddow today listed all the advantages wrought by the big T for Russia. Russia is the constant in the thread of Trump and so it must be in 2020. The current contra-temps over Biden with Ukraine is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg, The meat of the deal is covering up the 2016 intervention as a Democratic plot. Credible theory for the Ivan vodkapacks among us.

What Putin has done threatens to rival in historical import Germany granting Lenin free passage to Russia in 1917. Now that's revenge!

Irrespective of anyone's ideology, why would anyone support Trump at this point ?

Tim Miller on Twitter

List of Trump associates found guilty of crimes related to their work for him:
- Campaign Manager
- Deputy Campaign Manager
- Personal Attorney
- National Security Advisor
- Long-time political consigliere
- Policy Advisor / Coffee Boy

#DrainTheSwamp
They must like something that he openly supports that they like so much … that everything else pales in comparison in terms of importance.

Reactions: ZeApelido
List of Trump associates found guilty of crimes related to their work for him:
- Campaign Manager
- Deputy Campaign Manager
- Personal Attorney
- National Security Advisor
- Long-time political consigliere
- Policy Advisor / Coffee Boy

They are found guilty of lying to the FBI or lobbying for foreign countries and the cases have nothing to do with Trump campaign or "collusion".

By the same token, how about sending this "CNN national security analyst" to jail for lying to the congress and the American people?

However, we know that will not happen because as Edward Snowden said in his Joe Rogan interview, Nancy Pelosi was complicit in this too along with the Bush administration.

Deep Throat of Watergate fame advised Woodward to "follow the money." Maddow today listed all the advantages wrought by the big T for Russia. Russia is the constant in the thread of Trump and so it must be in 2020. The current contra-temps over Biden with Ukraine is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg, The meat of the deal is covering up the 2016 intervention as a Democratic plot. Credible theory for the Ivan vodkapacks among us.

What Putin has done threatens to rival in historical import Germany granting Lenin free passage to Russia in 1917. Now that's revenge!

It was revealed today by the Democratic counsel in one of his leads in to a question of the fired US ambassador to Ukraine that Putin himself originated the theory of the referenced coverup. He spun this tale of Ukraine perfidy in 2016 on February 2017 in a press conference with the President of Hungary. He referenced complicity with Ukraine oligarchs by a US presidential candidate, "a woman." The Trumpsters can't make this up on their own. Check it out.

You got to be impressed with an ex-FSB officer's skill at puppetry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.