Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Market politics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is some genius in this Tweet. It sums up all that is complete BS from the DNC and the RNC for the 99% to walk the path of Pragmatism..............a policy that keeps wealth among the wealthy

EUEYvqNU0AAIJN_

As an asthmatic survivor of this crap virus I am both shocked and enlighted by your post. Yes people will die of this in denial of how bad off they are and that they may have it. Within only a few days of symptom onset you may suddenly find yourself on deaths door and you better hope if that happens you have capable family with you that can do what is necessary to save your life in that moment. Even for one who was careful and prepared it still caught me by surprise with the sudden severity of it, I cant speak to the nonathmatic population only from my personal experience. For many more than most believe I think this will be fatal without immediate care in the moment of need. I had my wife who is medically trained and her sister who is a nurse that specializes in the respiratory issues, without them and their quick actions I would have been dead two weeks ago. I am grateful and I am seriously concerned for all the other asthmatic people in this country and those with other conditions that would exasperate this viruses effects in the lungs.

I have mild asthma myself. When I had it, it was about as bad as a normal attack for me, but I also lost my sense of smell and taste, which was quite odd. I just found out this week that's one of the symptoms some people get before coming down with it. When I started feeling like I had a bug I slept most of the day and it cleared up. My partner got it the next day. He's lasted about 4 days and was like a chest cold.

I have read about cases that started out as mild and then turned deadly without any warning.

I'm glad you got through it! We don't know for sure how long the immunity will last once someone recovers, but it should last a year or more. Possibly for a lifetime. There are some rumors people who had SARS are immune, but that's such a small population we can't be sure. I have a friend who had SARS and it left her with asthma. She also has some other complicating factors and would be at high risk if she did get this. She also lives in Seattle.

Are they saying the video are a Deep Fake? haha

Trump's campaign is trying to remove a video in which he appears to call the coronavirus a 'hoax,' saying it's misleading

Trump's campaign is trying to remove a video in which he appears to call the coronavirus a 'hoax,' saying it's misleading

They are trying to make the case that actual video of Trump saying those things are faked. Their only case would be if they could prove the comments were taken out of context, but I've seen most of those statements and they weren't.

The lawyers are also threatening government action (canceling FCC licenses) for political speech in a political campaign. That is so out of line it probably wouldn't last 5 minutes in court. Trump's lawyer could see a bar beef for his or her behavior.

I did not put words in your month. I'm just pointing out that in discouraging medicare-for-all, you are indeed supporting the existing system. Since any other alternative does NOT have the political support to displace the existing system. It's like encouraging people to vote libertarian or green party and if Trump gets re-elected then saying that you didn't support Trump. Literally, that is true, but without better alternatives, it is indeed a binary decision.

I wish I could offer a better alternative, but I can't and can simply choose amongst the rock or the hard place.

Yes, this should go into the market politics thread, but I don't know how to move it. Mods, can you help?
You can't move the post once it is made. You can certainly make it in the right place, though. At the bottom of the post you want to reply to, right beside "reply", is "+ quote". As we as being useful for quoting multiple posts, it makes it easy to reply in a different thread. Just hit "+ quote", go to the other thread, and in the posting window at the bottom there will be another button saying "add quotes". And there you are!

• Informative
Reactions: Oil4AsphaultOnly
At the time of my link, and the associated sentiment, republican senators were trying to keep a $500B corporate slush fund and money to buy oil to fill the strategic pretroleum reserves, while at the same time eliminating the solar and EV tax credits AND not expanding support of ubemployment insurance.

That was pure corporate influence.

Topping off the oil reserve now (@$20/bbl) is like refinancing your mortgage for a lower interest rate. The $3b was chump change in the broader scope of things, and would have had no impact on the world market price or volume usage.

• Disagree
Reactions: Oil4AsphaultOnly
Topping off the oil reserve now (@$20/bbl) is like refinancing your mortgage for a lower interest rate. The $3b was chump change in the broader scope of things, and would have had no impact on the world market price or volume usage.

for the gobal oil market sure. but we're not trying to buy oil from SA and Russia. For the fracking companies, whose supply would've been used to fill the SPR, $3B would be very welcome relief, especially since we're looking at potentially negative crude oil prices.

Have we hit maximum insanity with Trump bringing the My Pillow CEO to a press briefing so he could call Trump a gift from God? :eek::confused: Probably not...

Not that I am attributing anything supernatural here, but if the corona virus pandemic in the US really was punishment from an angry deity the first confirmed case in the US was Jan 21, the first confirmed community spread case in the US was in late February, but later analysis found that it was spreading in Washington State since late January.

The Senate acquitted Trump on February 5.

If I was trying to draw causal links like the My Pillow guy did, that's where I'd go.

Instead he claimed this was punishment for the "godlessness" of maybe Obama's administration when Trump has been president 3 years? If this was divine punishment for something Obama did, wouldn't say 2016 would have been more appropriate timing?

For some people if the facts don't fit your narrative, get a bigger hammer and make them fit. It annoys me about as much as hypocrisy does.

Status
Not open for further replies.