Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massachusetts Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got my VIN today after a 2/19 OD. EDD of 5/17 - 5/23. Unfortunately there’s a bit of an insurance pickle.

Tesla is requiring that I submit POI including the VIN, etc. listed. I tried to get this from my agent, but she’s claiming she needs the title/registration before she can provide POI with the Model Y listed. Bit of a chicken or egg scenario.

How have you all been able to get around this?

Reactions: mark02115
Finally got my VIN today after a 2/19 OD. EDD of 5/17 - 5/23. Unfortunately there’s a bit of an insurance pickle.

Tesla is requiring that I submit POI including the VIN, etc. listed. I tried to get this from my agent, but she’s claiming she needs the title/registration before she can provide POI with the Model Y listed. Bit of a chicken or egg scenario.

How have you all been able to get around this?
Just send them a copy of your insurance on your existing vehicle. They want to insure that you have an insurance policy.

Reactions: kelkel
Response from yesterday:

Thank you for your participation in MOR-EV. Your application is approval ready. However, because of recent changes to the MOR-EV program requirements and funding sources, you will likely experience delays in receiving your rebate while the funding and payment mechanisms for the new higher price cap of $55,000 are put into place.

Your application will remain on hold until these processes have been established, anticipated in mid-2023. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Placed order (MY AWD white /black/with Hitch) on 5.8 ----Got my Vin # today ......5.17, with expected delivery 5.24 - 6.4
Just a heads up - The Tesla Showroom at the Pru Center does not deliver cars or have a parts dept. The Dedham Store is out of stock on "mobile chargers" - they were not sure when they would have inventory, so they recommended I order online.

I also found out that if you have a home "back up generator" you need to add a relay power module for "load shedding"

Here is the link for the module for a 20KW Kohler System
I am sure Generac has a similar requirement