Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York/New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well just received VIN this morning! Austin build. New EDD June 4-10.

Does anyone know if you can just upload your current insurance card in NJ for proof of insurance?
Wait until you get a delivery date, then have your agent make up a temporary insurance ID card with the effective date being the date of delivery. You can send it forward or bring it with you.

Reactions: teslico
It's been quiet in here. Any updates for people picking up in Paramus with recent orders?

I'm in NH but will be picking mine up in Paramus. OD of 4/22, got VIN on 5/23 and current EDD window is June 4 - June 13. Anxiously waiting for a message to schedule my delivery!
I also got my VIN on 5/23 Austin build MYLR. My EDD window is June 1-10 but no message to schedule delivery yet. I will probably be putting my order on hold though for HW4.

hi everyone!
We're getting our 2nd Tesla. This time, it's for my husband.
My husband ordered a blue/black model Y LR, 19" tires, + tow hitch
OD = 5/11 (not pessimistic enough to write the year 😆)
1st EDD = June/July
2nd EDD = 5/30 - 6/13
3rd EDD = 6/5 - 6/19
VIN = ???????????

I was hoping we'd be out of the 2 week window by now... alas, not.

I've got a somewhat funny story to share. Currently driving a 2020 M3LR, but with our 10 month old and my dog, taking our trips to visit family and what not has been challenging, so wanted to move up to MYLR. Placed an order for a demo vehicle that was discounted $2,200 back on 4/16/23. Unfortunately, between having some personal issues occupy my time, and rep at my credit union being away, I couldn't pick up the demo MYLR in the window Tesla provided, end of April/beginning of May. Got a call beginning of May 2023 that I could put my order on hold. I advised the Tesla salesperson that I was just waiting for my financing to be approved, if they can hold the VIN for another week because I really wanted that discount. I thought they told me they would hold the vehicle for another week, but alas they didn't, placed the order on hold, and so I lost that VIN. Literally financing approved in the extra week I needed, released the hold asap, but the demo vehicle is already in someone elses possession. Since then, EDD updated to 5/31 - 6/14, and updated again to 6/9 - 6/23. Hoping this doesn't cause issues with my financing, and also hoping my sale/trade-in value for my M3LR doesn't go down too much, but also crossing my fingers that getting a newer vehicle might mean it includes HW4 (and I'm gonna try like hell to get the price adjustment applied as indicated on my order agreement). For anyone new to buying a Tesla, it's for sure a wild experience.

Did you put your order on hold?

I have the same order date but my MYLR is a Fremont build and I got the message to schedule the delivery yesterday. Picking it up at Paramus on Monday 6/5!
Congrats and hoping for HW4 for you!

I received a message yesterday telling me to schedule delivery. Then I received two messages today. One in the morning telling me to schedule by tomorrow or my order will be put on hold. Another on the afternoon telling me to schedule tomorrow by 4pm or “Your order will be placed on hold and is subject to cancellation.” I’ll just call them tomorrow afternoon and place a hold. Don’t want them to cancel my order for ignoring them haha.

Reactions: Mrdrbot23
Congrats and hoping for HW4 for you!

I received a message yesterday telling me to schedule delivery. Then I received two messages today. One in the morning telling me to schedule by tomorrow or my order will be put on hold. Another on the afternoon telling me to schedule tomorrow by 4pm or “Your order will be placed on hold and is subject to cancellation.” I’ll just call them tomorrow afternoon and place a hold. Don’t want them to cancel my order for ignoring them haha.
I just put my order on hold. I’m not sure if it will go to someone else or show up in existing inventory. Just an FYI for anyone in central NJ looking for a MYLR5, MSM, Gemini.

Reactions: dudette
My first MVPA had an NJ tire tax on it, but the one for the second VIN does not. I thought NJ charged a tax of $1.50 per tire, so I found this odd. Can anyone with an NJ order confirm if there’s supposed to be a tire tax or not?

Perhaps silly questions: i have just moved here from Canada & understand that i will be issued temporary plates till the actual ones come in.

1. Can i drive across the border with temporary plates?

2. What happens in rain or if i want to go for a car wash - are the temp plates waterproof?

Appreciate you bearing with these simplistic questions, we just get the regular plates straight off in Ontario.