Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York/New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally took delivery of my white/white 2023 Model Y Long Range on Monday at the Princeton location. Last week Tesla had emailed me the NJ tax form to complete and I emailed it back the same day. They never sent any sort of confirmation email that they received it, but when I went there for delivery, the system showed that I was getting the $2k rebate.

As for the vehicle, it was an Austin build. No major quality issues. Interior is perfect, exterior had 3 tiny issues...

The first two are being addressed in a service appointment next week. One wheel cover was scratched, and the charge port door was also scratched.

The third issue I decided not to pursue…. The front drivers side fender is ever so slightly misaligned. I suppose it’s attached a few millimeters too far forward, so it is touching the front bumper (no gap between those 2 panels). It’s barely noticeable and only if you go looking very closely at certain angles do you even see it, so I decided it wasn’t worth the hassle and major “surgery” that would be required to remove and reseat the panel.

Overall I’m very happy with the quality of the vehicle. The white interior is spotless and the paint quality seems very good.

Now I just have to get my Apex wheels put on the car (I’ll post pictures in the wheel thread) and I’m thinking about getting the carbon fiber rear lip spoiler. They had a performance model with the spoiler and I like the way it looks.

OD 2/3 MY Blue/Black/19/no-tow
4/29 VIN assigned 7SAYGDEE9PF768XXX EDD update - May 13-20, Paramus, NJ Fremont build. I emailed [email protected] and got the paperwork signed and returned for the $2K NJ rebate. I did not think I was going to make it before Monday's dealer submission deadline. Just after 11 AM, I received the VIN and went to work making sure I get the rebate. Thanks to those that supplied the email address, I was able to rapidly get this done, even on a Saturday. 85 days from order to VIN assigned. $43,269 all in, after the NJ rebate and Federal Tax credit. This includes delivery, registration and misc fees. Most decent ICE SUV's cost this amount or more. The wife and I won't have to fight over who is driving the Tesla (Model 3) every morning.
Finally took delivery today. 99 Days from order to delivery. FYI, I have been noticing a driver side hatch door alignment issue with the with Fremont Model Y's. I had 3 co-workers that had this issue and I went to the Service Center last night to get a pre-check of my Model Y before today's delivery. I live 3 miles from the Service Center. Sure enough, mine had the issue. I walked around the lot checking the Model Y's that were ready to be picked up today and the Fremont builds all had the same alignment issue. The Austin builds did not have this issue. I also had a scuff issue on the plastic piece below the passenger back door. When I mentioned these 2 issues, they took my Model Y into the garage and painted over the scuff and they adjusted the back hatch alignment issue. I left with both minor issue resolved. Most will need to setup a service appointment for the hatch alignment issue, like my co-workers had to do. Tesla has to be aware of this issue, so they should either fix it on the line or before the vehicles ship. Probably a 2 minute fix each, if coming off the line. Probably most just live with the alignment issue. The passenger side is good, so it would bother me every time I look at the clear drop down in the alignment flow of the driver side to the back of the vehicle.

Finally took delivery today. 99 Days from order to delivery. FYI, I have been noticing a driver side hatch door alignment issue with the with Fremont Model Y's. I had 3 co-workers that had this issue and I went to the Service Center last night to get a pre-check of my Model Y before today's delivery. I live 3 miles from the Service Center. Sure enough, mine had the issue. I walked around the lot checking the Model Y's that were ready to be picked up today and the Fremont builds all had the same alignment issue. The Austin builds did not have this issue. I also had a scuff issue on the plastic piece below the passenger back door. When I mentioned these 2 issues, they took my Model Y into the garage and painted over the scuff and they adjusted the back hatch alignment issue. I left with both minor issue resolved. Most will need to setup a service appointment for the hatch alignment issue, like my co-workers had to do. Tesla has to be aware of this issue, so they should either fix it on the line or before the vehicles ship. Probably a 2 minute fix each, if coming off the line. Probably most just live with the alignment issue. The passenger side is good, so it would bother me every time I look at the clear drop down in the alignment flow of the driver side to the back of the vehicle.
Good eye. Do you know how they fixed it, just turning those rubber stoppers? Wondering if we can just do it ourselves.
Do you happen to have any pics showing the alignment issue. This might be one of the reasons for the boominess many people are complaining about.
Thanks

Good eye. Do you know how they fixed it, just turning those rubber stoppers? Wondering if we can just do it ourselves.
Do you happen to have any pics showing the alignment issue. This might be one of the reasons for the boominess many people are complaining about.
Thanks
I don't know, but they pulled it to garage for about 10 minutes and brought it out with the 2 issues corrected.

I don't know, but they pulled it to garage for about 15 minutes and brought it out with the 2 issues corrected. This Above it photo does not do it justice, but there was a decent drop down in the flow line. The passenger side was good. This was the only picture I took before it was corrected.
1684200790174.png

• Helpful
Reactions: ramu_1980@yaho
Thank you!

VIN assigned on May 2nd. Delivery scheduled for May 16
Picked up the car yesterday. Overall experience was good, SA was very patient when I talked to her about my observations.

Booked service appointment - May 30, for the following issues.
  • Left Rear door was not aligned properly,
  • Trunk misaligned slightly
  • Small Chip on driver door window, by B pillar and B pillar trim with a minor scratch
  • Driver door sill trim misalignment

Attachments

• 6F35F212-DF13-46DF-B36F-BC4899E18F9C.jpeg
    6F35F212-DF13-46DF-B36F-BC4899E18F9C.jpeg
    587 KB · Views: 45
  • A9CFB30E-26CA-417E-B344-B69B9F20E60D.jpeg
    A9CFB30E-26CA-417E-B344-B69B9F20E60D.jpeg
    600.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 21A52C7D-C677-4029-9096-91CF4D3B0E01.jpeg
    21A52C7D-C677-4029-9096-91CF4D3B0E01.jpeg
    657.7 KB · Views: 49
I finally took delivery of my white/white 2023 Model Y Long Range on Monday at the Princeton location. Last week Tesla had emailed me the NJ tax form to complete and I emailed it back the same day. They never sent any sort of confirmation email that they received it, but when I went there for delivery, the system showed that I was getting the $2k rebate.

As for the vehicle, it was an Austin build. No major quality issues. Interior is perfect, exterior had 3 tiny issues...

The first two are being addressed in a service appointment next week. One wheel cover was scratched, and the charge port door was also scratched.

The third issue I decided not to pursue…. The front drivers side fender is ever so slightly misaligned. I suppose it’s attached a few millimeters too far forward, so it is touching the front bumper (no gap between those 2 panels). It’s barely noticeable and only if you go looking very closely at certain angles do you even see it, so I decided it wasn’t worth the hassle and major “surgery” that would be required to remove and reseat the panel.

Overall I’m very happy with the quality of the vehicle. The white interior is spotless and the paint quality seems very good.

Now I just have to get my Apex wheels put on the car (I’ll post pictures in the wheel thread) and I’m thinking about getting the carbon fiber rear lip spoiler. They had a performance model with the spoiler and I like the way it looks.
What was your OD?

I had picked our car last week. Tesla never emailed me NJ charge up rebate form. However I still got 2k off MSRP. I don't know how Tesla will work that out but still no form even after 1week of delivery. No issues with car, some minor misalignment but I"m fine with those, didn't put anything as service request. I got Fremont build,no mud flaps by default

Reactions: dudette
I had picked our car last week. Tesla never emailed me NJ charge up rebate form. However I still got 2k off MSRP. I don't know how Tesla will work that out but still no form even after 1week of delivery. No issues with car, some minor misalignment but I"m fine with those, didn't put anything as service request. I got Fremont build,no mud flaps by default
Did you order before or after April 17th? I believe that was the cutoff in NJ for the $2k rebate.

MYLR, MSM, 5 seat, black interior, 19”, nothing else
OD:4/19
EDD: April - June
EDD2: May something - June 30
EDD3: May 22 - June 19
No vin

Thought I’d have a VIN by now.
Well just received VIN this morning! Austin build. New EDD June 4-10.

Does anyone know if you can just upload your current insurance card in NJ for proof of insurance?

Reactions: optab44