Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massachusetts Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you seen those license plate mounts on Amazon that clip underneath the vehicle so that nothing sticks to the bumper? Search for Model Y front license plate frame. I plan to bring one with me whenever I get a delivery appt, hoping they didn't put it on already.
Yes that's exactly what I have ordered. Should be here today so I will go back to the Inspection place tomorrow. I was just not happy because missing the front plate is not something you'd discover during inspection. They would see that even before pulling the car into the inspection bay. So I am still not sure what was the need to pull the car in and do the inspection and then put the red sticker. One theory I have is that if they had sent me back, I could have gone to any other MA inspection place once I got my plate installed. This way, they got those $39 they desperately want and now I will have no choice but to go back to them to get the correct March sticker. Anyway, not a big deal but wanted to caution others.

Reactions: GigaMike
people in Norwell said they have to put 2 plates..
So I did not really had much choice. I did not push back either..
Plus we have to have both for inspection.

I used the tow hook plate mount for my BMW and only put it on for inspection with no issues. Maybe I will go that way again.

The same Inspection place told me that in Boston, Cambridge/Sommerville area, even if you are parked on the side of the road, those parking enforcement officers going around checking parking meters can also give you a ticket if: Your registration has expired, you have a broken head light or your front number plate is missing. Usually people challenge the broken stuff saying they were not aware, etc. but that requires going to Cambridge court and what not. Missing plate would be hard to challenge but I guess one could argue saying it blew away due to bad glue etc. Anyway, I plan to install a front plate as soon as my PPF is done.

Congratulations on your new Model Y!

Can agree the SAs at Dedham are nice and very informative. I've been visiting them often with questions (even though my delivery location is Peabody) and they have been very helpful.

Do you know if they only give out EV plates, or is it something that's random? My delivery is scheduled for March 7th. Hoping it comes with the mud flaps and PPF. Although, they did say they are usually added as a goodwill gesture.
They told me they almost always install rear panel PPF and front mud flaps unless they run out. In that case you can always come back and they will do it for you. So just hope that they have not run out on that day for you.

Regarding EV plates, you might already know that there is no difference between EV place and a non EV plate. However, the EV plates look cool. As per the SA, they get a batch every morning from RMV so they install those during the day. Sometimes RMV runs out of EV plates and gives them regular plates. Then they install those that day. Worse case you can always go and get that replaced from RMV but you'd have to pay $60 for another registration. You'd also need to make sure that the RMV has them before you, etc. Most people don't bother.

Reactions: MeanDOG
They told me they almost always install rear panel PPF and front mud flaps unless they run out. In that case you can always come back and they will do it for you. So just hope that they have not run out on that day for you.

Regarding EV plates, you might already know that there is no difference between EV place and a non EV plate. However, the EV plates look cool. As per the SA, they get a batch every morning from RMV so they install those during the day. Sometimes RMV runs out of EV plates and gives them regular plates. Then they install those that day. Worse case you can always go and get that replaced from RMV but you'd have to pay $60 for another registration. You'd also need to make sure that the RMV has them before you, etc. Most people don't bother.
Monday I picked in Norwell Tesla and they gave EV plates. they said they have to put a front plate.

Sorry I had to reschedule to today as I could not go there yesterday due to the storm. Overall It was a great experience. Once I checked in, they pointed me to the car which was charging outside. The car was a Fremont build, came with matrix lights, cargo cover and the PPF/mud flaps were installed by the Dedham center. I went over it and checked everything, there was no issue. Nothing was out of place, no uneven gap and everything was flushed. I kept thinking I must be missing something and went over it again but there was really nothing out of place. The car was also open so I spent good 20 minutes inside it. There was no major issue. I just saw one clip missing in the outside trim, so they added it in no time. I played with the windows, moved seats back and forth, moved the steering, looked at the cameras, everything was perfect. After I was done, I went back inside and he asked me if I was satisfied. I said yes, he then took the check from me and processed the registration. The car was still charging at the superchargers. I sat inside it while they did the plates and spent that time configuring it and watching Tesla videos. I got EV plates so I was happy with that. Once they installed the plates and the car was 84% charged, I just drove home after. A few folks who had come brought front rubber mats, which was a wise thing to do. I had them at home but did not bring them. Not sure if I am lucky, but I am very happy with my experience at the Dedham delivery center. Don't want to give out the names but all SAs were excellent and helpful. Good luck to all others who are waiting. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sorry I had to reschedule to today as I could not go there yesterday due to the storm. Overall It was a great experience. Once I checked in, they pointed me to the car which was charging outside. The car was a Fremont build, came with matrix lights, cargo cover and the PPF/mud flaps were installed by the Dedham center. I went over it and checked everything, there was no issue. Nothing was out of place, no uneven gap and everything was flushed. I kept thinking I must be missing something and went over it again but there was really nothing out of place. The car was also open so I spent good 20 minutes inside it. There was no major issue. I just saw one clip missing in the outside trim, so they added it in no time. I played with the windows, moved seats back and forth, moved the steering, looked at the cameras, everything was perfect. After I was done, I went back inside and he asked me if I was satisfied. I said yes, he then took the check from me and processed the registration. The car was still charging at the superchargers. I sat inside it while they did the plates and spent that time configuring it and watching Tesla videos. I got EV plates so I was happy with that. Once they installed the plates and the car was 84% charged, I just drove home after. A few folks who had come brought front rubber mats, which was a wise thing to do. I had them at home but did not bring them. Not sure if I am lucky, but I am very happy with my experience at the Dedham delivery center. Don't want to give out the names but all SAs were excellent and helpful. Good luck to all others who are waiting. Let me know if you have any other questions.
congrats again. Enjoy your ride.

Any of you guys have any insurance wins? I'm looking at quotes now
there is so much to this insurance craziness. factors that would have impact on the premium (at least for mapfre) - 5% discount if you donate to pan mass challenge, no rental, increasing deductible from $500 to $1000 decreases premium significantly, mileage ( insurance companies track this by reading odo meter from state inspection) - good luck with adjusting these factors and you will get a better price.

there is so much to this insurance craziness. factors that would have impact on the premium (at least for mapfre) - 5% discount if you donate to pan mass challenge, no rental, increasing deductible from $500 to $1000 decreases premium significantly, mileage ( insurance companies track this by reading odo meter from state inspection) - good luck with adjusting these factors and you will get a better price.
rate was indeed insane. more than our previous car that was replaced by the Tesla and our other car combined just for the new car. they indeed put yearly mileage of 11k miles I am guessing from the previous car estimation. Will try to adjust as I work from home and so does my spouse so nothing like a regular commute.

Question about the MOR-EV I got a message:

"You did not submit a complete Tesla motor vehicle purchase/lease agreement."

Do you guys get a Tesla Purchase Agreement?

I am looking at the paperwork and I do not see one.

In the account I see only these:

1678133731379.png

Did you folks use any of those for Purchase agreement?

Cheers

what are ppl getting in terms of efficiency in the Northeast weather?

For the past month (30F -40F), with heat set to 69, chill mode, unheated garage, no warming up the car before driving:
Local roads (5-8 mile run) - 330 Wh/mi
highway (long cruising) - 280 Wh/mi

For now, I'm assuming its the cold weather but curious what others are getting in metro boston area.

What’s the best way to send payment? Do they require we send it before seeing the car? Since there’s a chance I may decline delivery if there was any major defects. Thoughts? Thanks!
The easiest way is in-app payment. on the day before, put in the bank details (to check logins) but DO NOT COMPLETE the final step (it will draw the $, the app does not make this obvious). If you skip the final ok step everything reverts and nothing is saved

when u ok to do delivery, repeat the same steps to completion.

some advise for those picking up a car and can choose to wait for another vehicle (ie not trying to meet any EV credit deadlines):
-trunk alignment fixes can become 'best effort' fixes, they may fix a gap on one side but make it worse on the other and then tell you its within spec. If you are very picky, its possible you could be rolling the dice on this one because it depends on the quality of the worker fixing it for you.

- anything that requires a repaint (large chip, deep scratch) risks over spray and blending issues.

- if you wait for the next vin, it could be worse.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I think I’m going to do the in app option and not complete the final step until I’m satisfied with the vehicle.

What’s everyone seeing for MA/Boston insurance prices? I just got quoted $59x for 6 months so just under $100/month for comprehensive coverage with a $1000 deductible.