Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massachusetts Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. I will post here if get any further communication from them. Regarding the rebate, if you do the math, they are essentially returning the tax back to you. If you buy a cheaper EV, then you will more than the tax. But for a 55K car, the tax is approximately $3500. Which is what they are returning.
last year I bought a plug in hybrid Rav4. I received an actual check from MOR-ev Not sure the new program will change things. Hope not :)

Well I guess they gave up on getting me in for Q1. Just pushed my EDD out 1-2 months. Bummer and I saw at least one other forum member with same config and later order date on the east coast that claimed they got a VIN for March. Must be overwhelmed in MA?

Hey guys quick question if i was to order soon for a Tesla Model Y would I still be eligible for the fedral tax credits? and also the MA credit?

also do you all have charging at home? there are a couple of superchargers close by to me so not sure if getting a charger installed is worth currently.

Thanks for help.

last year I bought a plug in hybrid Rav4. I received an actual check from MOR-ev Not sure the new program will change things. Hope not :)
here is some more info for the new MA EV rebate 2023
the program is created but there some operational parts that will take a while. I guess it will take a few months to materialize.

Hey guys quick question if i was to order soon for a Tesla Model Y would I still be eligible for the fedral tax credits? and also the MA credit?

also do you all have charging at home? there are a couple of superchargers close by to me so not sure if getting a charger installed is worth currently.

Thanks for help.
read up here

• Must be a resident living in Massachusetts
  • Purchase or lease a new eligible Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle with a sales price of $50,000 or less
  • Purchase or lease a new battery electric and fuel cell electric vehicle prior to November 10, 2022 with a sales price of $50,000 or less
  • Purchase or lease a new battery electric and fuel cell electric vehicle on or after November 10, 2022 with a sales price of $55,000 or less
  • Submit your online application and supporting documents within 3 months of purchase/lease
  • Receive $3,500 for a new battery or fuel cell electric vehicle, and $1,500 for a new plug-in hybrid electric vehicle
  • Vehicles must be retained and registered in Massachusetts for at least 36 months

Keep in mind their systems are not ready to dispense the rebate yet (they are creating some new system and waiting for funding), so it would take a bit.

Federal here:

Cheers

Thanks for help.
I don't think we know for sure yet what will happen to the federal credits after March. Could potentially get cut in half or could be zero. I assume the MA credit will still be here but has a $55k MSRP limit so if you want MY only the base long-range or the standard range currently qualify.

I already have a level 2 charger at home but have free charging at work which is where I plan to regularly top off. Best not to rely only on superchargers as it is more expensive and will degrade the battery faster, but if your daily drive isn't huge the mobile connector in a regular wall outlet overnight might be a simple option that adds ~5 miles range per hour.

Thanks for help.
for my case definitely dont have the option to charge at home as I will be relying on superchargers and Level 2 Chargepoint. A lot of places have free charging but some you have to pay for parking which can include free charging. some places will charge you to charge your vehicle. In Seaport location a bunch of level 2 chargers but charge you cheap for the first couple of hours then charge you $5.00/hr plus parking fee.

for my case definitely dont have the option to charge at home as I will be relying on superchargers and Level 2 Chargepoint. A lot of places have free charging but some you have to pay for parking which can include free charging. some places will charge you to charge your vehicle. In Seaport location a bunch of level 2 chargers but charge you cheap for the first couple of hours then charge you $5.00/hr plus parking fee.
read up here

• Must be a resident living in Massachusetts
  • Purchase or lease a new eligible Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle with a sales price of $50,000 or less
  • Purchase or lease a new battery electric and fuel cell electric vehicle prior to November 10, 2022 with a sales price of $50,000 or less
  • Purchase or lease a new battery electric and fuel cell electric vehicle on or after November 10, 2022 with a sales price of $55,000 or less
  • Submit your online application and supporting documents within 3 months of purchase/lease
  • Receive $3,500 for a new battery or fuel cell electric vehicle, and $1,500 for a new plug-in hybrid electric vehicle
  • Vehicles must be retained and registered in Massachusetts for at least 36 months

Keep in mind their systems are not ready to dispense the rebate yet (they are creating some new system and waiting for funding), so it would take a bit.

Federal here:

Cheers
I don't think we know for sure yet what will happen to the federal credits after March. Could potentially get cut in half or could be zero. I assume the MA credit will still be here but has a $55k MSRP limit so if you want MY only the base long-range or the standard range currently qualify.

I already have a level 2 charger at home but have free charging at work which is where I plan to regularly top off. Best not to rely only on superchargers as it is more expensive and will degrade the battery faster, but if your daily drive isn't huge the mobile connector in a regular wall outlet overnight might be a simple option that adds ~5 miles range per hour.

Thank you all for replying back to me :)