Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massive push for 2021.44.30.7 - How to delay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

OCJeff

Feb 18, 2021
SoCal (RSM)
My MY has downloaded the 44.30.7 release but I’m planning on a trip tomorrow and don’t want any updates to be installed.

It’s already scheduled for 1:50am tomorrow. Is there anyway to delay or pause the installation? Will cutting off Wi-Fi work?

1FBDEE64-D47C-4250-B77F-05517E195D39.jpeg

It’s already scheduled for 1:50am tomorrow. Is there anyway to delay or pause the installation? Will cutting off Wi-Fi work?
Open the install dialog, don't select a time and close it. I sound a bit vague because I'm slightly fuzzy on the exact text you'll see (I've only cancelled an install by accident) but it should be obvious when you tap the download available icon. When successfully unscheduled the status will update in the Tesla app.

Reactions: 101dals and OCJeff
We installed 30.7 this morning.
Drove about 20 miles so far and AP is much better.
UI some changes including custom bar icons.
You may want to consider it since the UI basic Holiday changes are not revised.
This update messed up my car.. Cameras no longer working including back up camera and gps not working either. GPS stuck at the place that I did the update.
20220114_234901.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
That's the first time I had issues with an update but I usually have the updates installed at night.. Maybe this happens when you start driving immediately after yhe update..
We notice several times after an update our MY must be started and allow time for the program to set up even after "installation" has completed.
This seems to be for several functions, until programs have been run first time after the install, may not be 100% ready to run in some cases.
Test case after 30.7... try to launch the web browser. It loaded then crashed on first launch for us.

I've been delaying the installation of a downloaded update for several days now. I schedule the installation for ~23 hours from now, then repeat the process just before the scheduled time arrives. Once the install time moves too early in the morning, I schedule it to the same evening and then push it back 23 hours later that day. In V10, the schedule page is accessed from the alarm clock icon that appears at the top of the screen, not sure where that shows up in V11. I've seen some comments that selecting Install Now and then cancelling will stop the installation altogether but I'm not confident this is the case because the scheduled time still shows (although the alarm clock does change to amber).