Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course I do. The context of my comment has been lost.

What I witness in my area is that when approaching a normal stop light, the car loses the color of the light well before even getting to a normal stopping point. I can backup go forward, etc and identify the moment the cameras lose the ability to get the color of the light. So maybe they can fix that, maybe not so easily. But as of now, the preview was not 'confidence building' for me in my situations.

Nothing to do with dashcam or sentry.

Mine does this also if there is a power line or some other obstruction that passes in front of the light. Once the color is lost, it won't come back until the next set of lights. It is kind of weird.

Anyone else seeing their uhhh "left side of the screen" crashing every few minutes? The left side of the screen that displays the driving information is crashing randomly while I drive around town. First it starts with the parking brake and brake warning lights, then it says parking assistance is unavailable then it loses battery charge status then all the warning lights light up then it resets all in about a 10 second cycle. My car did it probably 10 times over a 20 minute drive. I will try to get a video of it when it is safe to do so. Its pretty weird and I assume related to this new software since it never did that before.

Of course I do. The context of my comment has been lost.

What I witness in my area is that when approaching a normal stop light, the car loses the color of the light well before even getting to a normal stopping point. I can backup go forward, etc and identify the moment the cameras lose the ability to get the color of the light. So maybe they can fix that, maybe not so easily. But as of now, the preview was not 'confidence building' for me in my situations.

Nothing to do with dashcam or sentry.

Are you sure that isnt deliberate? I've not had time yet, but want to view dashcam footage to see what the camera CAN see (well, the Dashcam camera anyway, though as KS notes, there are three forward facing cameras and we only see one.) Note that the street-light fixture itself stay visible .. I would assume if the camera cannot see the fixture then it will just delete the whole light thing, not just hide the colors. I suspect (total speculation) that Tesla didn't want people looking at the screen for a green light instead of looking out the window.

Here's a voice control bug I encountered today:

"Set fan to 2"

It sets it to 10. The software correctly interprets my voice command. It just sets it to 10 for some reason.

Reproduced it 3/3 times.

My bug is related to the climate control too. I ask it to turn heat on and every time it turns it on but turns the temp to 74 even when I have it set to 72. Then I tell it to turn off heat and it doesn't turn off but turns temp to 69. I have to say turn hvac off to turn it off.

I also asked it to turn on rear seat heaters and it told me it did. Only problem is I have an SR+ so no rear seat heaters lol.

I'm sure this will all be fixed.

Let's see........mine does fine with stoplights and stop signs, stops at the correct location, sees color change, blah blan blah........car is in love with trash cans and thinks everything else is a traffic cone. Drove past a house with Christmas decorations lining the street, 3' tall red electric candy canes.......hey, wonder what those are..........sees arrows and some other street markings........

My bug is related to the climate control too. I ask it to turn heat on and every time it turns it on but turns the temp to 74 even when I have it set to 72. Then I tell it to turn off heat and it doesn't turn off but turns temp to 69. I have to say turn hvac off to turn it off.

I also asked it to turn on rear seat heaters and it told me it did. Only problem is I have an SR+ so no rear seat heaters lol.

unless the rear seat eat heaters come on :)

Well they must have been having server side issues when I tried it yesterday because today it’s working pretty much flawlessly. Voice commands are a really nice addition to our amazing cars.

yes, it’s pretty cool when it works as designed. Someone earlier in the thread explained how to send a voice text in one phrase. Tested that and it works great. I’m quite happy now. Thank you, Tesla!

Are you sure that isnt deliberate? I've not had time yet, but want to view dashcam footage to see what the camera CAN see (well, the Dashcam camera anyway, though as KS notes, there are three forward facing cameras and we only see one.) Note that the street-light fixture itself stay visible .. I would assume if the camera cannot see the fixture then it will just delete the whole light thing, not just hide the colors. I suspect (total speculation) that Tesla didn't want people looking at the screen for a green light instead of looking out the window.

No, I don't think by design. Because for some light setups it keeps the colors. I think it really can't see them. It shows the actual light casing only because it knows where it is as you pass, not because it can actually see it the whole way.

But we'll see just have to see how it evolves. It'll be fun to be along for this ride!

Twice since the update I’ve had no LTE connection when I get in the car. Shortly after the connection is restored but I still get a “no connection” message where the music info usually is. Music starts playing but the “no connection” stays there until I reboot or park, exit and re-enter. Slightly annoying, I’ll be submitting a bug report.

If you were someone who held the button down for voice commands (vs just pressing it and letting it back up immediately), that is totally broken in this version. You can only press and let go, then speak.

This is in addition to the issue where sometimes voice commands don't work at all. If your words don't appear, that's the other issue. If your words appear, but don't seem to do anything, make sure you aren't like I was and holding the button down. Just give it a quick press.

• Informative
Reactions: evannole

Maybe not a bug. Changing the temp settings is how the HVAC controls the heater core. It turns on heater by setting temp to 74. Turns off by setting to 69. Core is not otherwise directly controllable.

In the winter, I routinely wipe the rear camera clean to making backing up in parking lots easier. Much to my surprise, today I noticed that with the 40.50.1 firmware update, it seems like the rear camera resolution is now full HD.

It is much clearer than it was before the firmware update. I have HW 2.5 and did not expect the camera resolution to improve until HW3.

Has anyone else observed this?