Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice car name BTW!
Thank you... But now that I'm boosted, it's time for a new name!
Screenshot_20200227-151757~2.png

Reactions: Urbancowboy
FYI your app screenshot shows your VIN and presumably your home address. You may want to delete it.

Why are people so concerned about privacy when showing your VIN or license plate number? Anyone can walk up to the car and see the VIN in the corner of the windshield and also see the license plate number everywhere you go. And besides, those that worry the most about privacy, are the same people posting everything about their life on social media. It cracks me up.

Why are people so concerned about privacy when showing your VIN or license plate number? Anyone can walk up to the car and see the VIN in the corner of the windshield and also see the license plate number everywhere you go. And besides, those that worry the most about privacy, are the same people posting everything about their life on social media. It cracks me up.
This.

It's like people blurring license plates in pictures, do they not realize hundreds of people see your plate on the road everyday?

This.

It's like people blurring license plates in pictures, do they not realize hundreds of people see your plate on the road everyday?

I think that's a little different though - that's effectively anonymous. No-one on the road or looking at your VIN in a car park knows who you are. When you post pictures online, it's often the case that the image can be tied to you personally because you used your real name in your account or you use the same handle at a bunch of other sites and people can find you on linkedin owing to your interests etc.. Now imagine that in, say, five years time, in a rare moment of recklessness, someone makes you mad, you do something douchy and it's caught on camera with your license plate in the background. The Internet can connect the dots and work out who you are in real life.

Of course, you might still not care. Indeed, I care little myself.

Apologies for continuing the off-topic side conversation.

I should probably have tested the car before buying the boost but I drove it from delivery earlier this week and it felt slower than I wanted. So I thought that in the grand scheme of things $2k isnt that much and bought the boost. Then the wife drove the car for a few days so haven’t had the chance to test it after getting it activated though, gotta get out and do that.

Reactions: SteveS1979
I have a 2018 LR RWD and I was going to trade it in for performance but after reading about the boosted AWD I have now placed an order for the LR AWD. With the terrible roads around SF Bay area it will be hard with 20" tires & wheels. I had a 2012 P85 with 21" tires and the wheels were always getting damaged and the tires wearing out in 10-12K miles. It was tempting to spend another 6K and have the P but I think I made the right decision.

I have a 2018 LR RWD and I was going to trade it in for performance but after reading about the boosted AWD I have now placed an order for the LR AWD. With the terrible roads around SF Bay area it will be hard with 20" tires & wheels. I had a 2012 P85 with 21" tires and the wheels were always getting damaged and the tires wearing out in 10-12K miles. It was tempting to spend another 6K and have the P but I think I made the right decision.
I believe you did.

Reactions: SteveS1979
Did four back to back runs in opposite directions this morning. I was amazed how consistent they were. 3.88, 3.89, 3.91 & 3.92. BTW this was 0 to 100km/h (62mph) as we are metric. 60 mph equivalents would have been 3.74, 3.75, 3.77 & 3.78.

upload_2020-3-7_13-45-29.png

Couple of things I noticed when using the dragy. It consistently gets better times if the dragy unit is firmly attached to the mild steel roof rail on the outside of the car, instead of floating around in the cupholder. Initially tested with passenger + cargo totalling ~ 200kg witt times ~ 0.4 second slower. The times above were done with no cargo & just me aboard. Oh and 11.86 for 1/4 mile!