Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mystifying. The blue car to the right is irrelevant since the behavior is the same with or without cars on that cross street
I've seen plenty off odd / random / spurious / transient blue cars too.

The legit ones I like are for cars in neighboring lanes when my car is planning to change lanes, but the blinker isn't on yet and the other car is still in the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: thewishmaster
Exit off I75 Sarasota. To the right is a lane for detaching double tractor trailers. Driving the right exit lane car was slowing from the highway but still going 60 mph. Car suddenly swerved into the truck lane. Fortunately it was empty!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211106-171920_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20211106-171920_Maps.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 74
I posted this in another smaller thread, but wanted to see if anyone else is seeing this behaviour. Let me know if it isn't clear.

One MUST have their hands on the wheel at all times, ready to take over in an instant when FSD decides for whatever reason to DIS-ENGAGE steering control and hand it back to the driver. I have two locations where after either making the beginning of a turn or simply turning IN A curve at speed 25-30 miles per hour, FSD steering control will disengage and if my hands aren't on the wheel at the time the car would just drive into the side of the curbed curve or off the road at speed. IMO this is a totally unacceptable result but if I only had one hand loosely on the wheel and wasn't ready for this type of crazy return of control to the driver with no advance warning, could prove catestrophic.

I should add, I can reproduce this behavior in the same curve each time, this is three times now. It's so predictable that my frequent passenger now reminds me (as If i would forget about it) as we come up to this curve and I tell her I'm just trying to test if it's learned anything, if it's interpreting the data differently because of TOD or other vehicles, but sure enough it disengages and I have to instantly take control to keep it curving on the road. Sad.
I doubt very much that FSD is disengaging itself. More likely you are disengaging it when gripping the wheel as the wheel turns itself on those curves against your grip . It doesn’t take much force to disengage it.

Reactions: jabloomf1230
yes but quantum theory would argue that Einstein would be wrong about that.
Some argue practicing a musical instrument and improving disproves the quote. However, one can't seriously argue a virtuoso today plays EXACTLY the same piece the same way as when practicing the piece as a child.

Some argue that throwing dice disproves the quote. Throwing a die and expecting a seven is absurd, albeit not insanity.

We now return to the on-topic argument clinic of the thread. :cool:

I was kidding about the null. Though someone posted earlier about being kicked out of the beta (with screen shot as proof), so presumably scoring is still a thing in the background. Or else they posted something rude about Tesla.
I think you get kicked out for AP violations or not heeding nag warnings. Also, for not paying attention.
Oh, that sounds spooky... at a distance. 😉
I’m so uncertain….