Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matrix headlight condensation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As shown in the attached, is the internal condensation like this normal for Matrix lights? Will it leave water marks internally once evaporated?

Sorry if this was asked previously. Searched but couldn’t find any for MY Matrix lights.

Details:
I took the MY LR, delivered in late August with matrix projector headlights in for the service to fix some issues found during delivery. It was parked outside over the weekend and we just had our raining season started in PNW. Once I got home and started to clean the car I saw the condensation in both headlights. I saw similar in my previous car once but the water drops were finer and they didn’t leave marks.

Attachments

• B161492B-B5B5-40EE-987A-FB93DC76518B.jpeg
    B161492B-B5B5-40EE-987A-FB93DC76518B.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 411
Doesn't look too bad yet and Tesla may well say it's normal. I'd leave it a week or two and see what happens, especially as any new headlights might not be a permanent fix anyway. Because it's condensation, the water is pure and doesn't usually leave marks in my experience.

Both of my "matrix" headlights are currently far worse than yours but it is still just condensation, I'm waiting to see if it clears by itself as they usually do.

The MY and M3 share the exact same headlights, so the same answers apply to both.

However I am already on a second set of new headlights, the first set were replaced because of significant condensation that covered all the inside of both headlights. You will soon know if it gets too bad, it quickly covers all the glass and you see water drops everywhere. In fact, all external lights (front and rear) on my car have been changed due to excessive water inside. It seems to be a design feature unfortunately.

Reactions: MY_KK