Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BigNick

Infamous Fat Sweaty Guy
Dec 3, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
Yeah I would love that on my P90D. I don't see it happening as it will just confirm our "low" kW levels.
Battery temp gauge would still be highly useful.
Not just for performance-oriented drivers. It would offer an explanation as to “why my Wh/mi is so high today” - the color could change to indicate whether the car Is actively heating/cooling the battery or neither is currently required.

Reactions: BrokerDon

Grumble

Mar 29, 2019
Florida
I have a CANBUS cable coming in tomorrow, so I'm going to hold off updating until I can get a before data log of power output, battery temp etc.

Reactions: UkrHog

ASMills85

Sep 8, 2018
NE
04CC1ED5-A9B9-4C7D-9CF5-20BEE2F2A7C2.png
I just received 2019.16.2 on my P90D. I don’t have much data because I have a temp plug in my tire and didn’t want to push it too hard. I was able to confirm I do have my 1600amps back. It’s hard to read and they were short pulls, but you can see the first spike was 1600amps. Turning of max battery is 1500amps.

Grumble

Mar 29, 2019
Florida
View attachment 411082 I just received 2019.16.2 on my P90D. I don’t have much data because I have a temp plug in my tire and didn’t want to push it too hard. I was able to confirm I do have my 1600amps back. It’s hard to read and they were short pulls, but you can see the first spike was 1600amps. Turning of max battery is 1500amps.
Man, that's awesome to hear. I'll do some full runs tonight if my cable comes in and post before and after data.

ChiP90D

Dec 30, 2018
California
My service center pushed the update, 2019.16.2, to my vehicle today. Both Max Battery and Launch Control are back. 2016 P90DL AP1. Im glad to have the car back as it was. Thank you to the members of this forum, electrek / teslarati, and whoever it was at Tesla who fixed the issue.

Grumble

Mar 29, 2019
Florida
Here's the comparable data using Scan My Tesla data. SOC for the first run (Before FW Update) was 90%. SOC on the second run (After FW Update) was 86%.

I might take it to the track Saturday night if the weather is good and the track is open for Test & Tune just to see if I can get into the 10's. My butt dyno tells me it will be a low 11 sec pass (11.05 or so). I think if I had new tires on and could cut a 1.5x 60', it would be a high 10 second pass. Will see. Really glad to have the car back the way it was!

FWUpdate.jpg

beefster

Mar 8, 2019
Austin, TX
Got the update for 2019.16.2. Max Battery Power back on my P90DL! I hear the fans spinning and see the time to warm up on the screen now. Will need to test out launch control tomorrow :D

Grumble

Mar 29, 2019
Florida
So I charged to 100% and went to do some times runs, I got 4 pulls in and Max power went from ready to cooling. I never saw that before. I had to wait about 15 mins before it went back to ready.

jaitch

Apr 26, 2019
Bedfordshire, UK
Hopefully if I moan here I haven't got my 2019.16.2 update then when I go out later this morning I too will have it. I will still have a slow V1 battery but guess I will be grateful.

Love that Scan my Tesla data.

Grumble

Mar 29, 2019
Florida
Hopefully if I moan here I haven't got my 2019.16.2 update then when I go out later this morning I too will have it. I will still have a slow V1 battery but guess I will be grateful.

Love that Scan my Tesla data.
If you call your local service center, give them your Vin, they can push it to your car.

jerjozwik

May 12, 2014
san gabriel valley
thank you everyone who has been testing updates with their cars. i am now going to allow my car to update to at least 2019.16.2. not sure if im going to bother going beyond it at this point...

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC