Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Battery Power Missing - Firmware 2019.8.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
maybe we need to have someone on one the ev sites like https://electrek.co write an article about it to get exposure that might help push that bug to the top of their backlog. I mean it's been broken since 2019.8.x which came out in March...

edit: just submitted a tip. who knows if it will do anything but this is getting old.

Last edited:
Reactions: beefster
After the update my P90DL with V3 battery has lost 40 kw!!! Was getting above 500kw and now getting 460kw. I am def going to take it in and have them change the the performance back. If not I will def sue or they better offer me an nda cause this is bullshit. Tesla is the biggest *sugar* company in existence.

I have just "updated" to 2019.12.11 and now have Ludicrous +. This does nothing (no battery heating and hence no extra Ludicrous) and I too have lost launch control. I am P90DL 2016 AP1 on a V1 battery.

Only had the car a few weeks - if I had seen this topic would not have updated. Will be passing my "concern" to Tesla via account message.

James

After the update my P90DL with V3 battery has lost 40 kw!!! Was getting above 500kw and now getting 460kw. I am def going to take it in and have them change the the performance back. If not I will def sue or they better offer me an nda cause this is bullshit. Tesla is the biggest *sugar* company in existence.
It sounds nice to say and probably makes you feel good, but you'll never sue. The cost of doing so would far exceed any financial compensation you may receive, if any at all.

I can’t confirm this on the newest version because I haven’t updated, but my 2014 with the V3 battery is getting around 500kw. Turning off max battery mode even after completely preheated lowered my max amps to 1500 and I always saw exactly 479kw output. Your lower power output is almost certainly because you are currently limited to 1500 amps and your battery isn’t at optimal temps. I’m sure this will be corrected, but who knows when.