Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max time you left the car unplugged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last time was 12 days. SOC went from 70% to 59% right along the 1% a day I usually see. The car however goes into a deep sleep mode after 5 or so days and does not respond to the app. It does passively respond to the key and wakes up with displays booting when I return.

• Informative
Reactions: skitown
I'm coming up on 13 days because my car has just been sitting at the service center. It took 5 weeks to get the appt. Brought the car in for a non-functioning rear defroster, the car sat for 4 days without any work being done, finally the car was driven 8 miles and looked at, now it's sitting in an auxiliary lot and they're saying the high-mounted brake light is out and a replacement part is needed but no word on when it will be delivered. I know for a fact that the brake light was functioning the night before I brought it in, but perhaps it was damaged during the defroster work or perhaps there's a water infiltration issue that shorted the defroster and now the brake light. I'm not loving this aspect of Tesla and I have a list of recommendations that would improve their process.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
Last time was 12 days. SOC went from 70% to 59% right along the 1% a day I usually see. The car however goes into a deep sleep mode after 5 or so days and does not respond to the app. It does passively respond to the key and wakes up with displays booting when I return.

That seems awfully high. Did you have Energy Saving on and Always Connected off?

30 days. Car was transported from Hawaii to Florida. During that time transport companies drove it 17 miles. Total loss was 52 miles of range. After last update I left it at the airport for 9 days and it only lost 3 miles of range. Do not check the car! Let it sleep, turn off always connected and shut off any apps you may have installed.

Reactions: camthehombre
I'm coming up on 13 days because my car has just been sitting at the service center. It took 5 weeks to get the appt. Brought the car in for a non-functioning rear defroster, the car sat for 4 days without any work being done, finally the car was driven 8 miles and looked at, now it's sitting in an auxiliary lot and they're saying the high-mounted brake light is out and a replacement part is needed but no word on when it will be delivered. I know for a fact that the brake light was functioning the night before I brought it in, but perhaps it was damaged during the defroster work or perhaps there's a water infiltration issue that shorted the defroster and now the brake light. I'm not loving this aspect of Tesla and I have a list of recommendations that would improve their process.

I had a similar but shorter experience. My Model S steering failed. The car was taken by flatbed to the service center, and left untouched for roughly a week during fairly cold weather. I checked on it a few times, mainly to see if/when it would be worked on, and the battery SOC dropped substantially but I did not record the figures. I know that checking it probably accelerated the battery discharge. The Service Center charged the car either when they started work on it, or shortly afterwards. They worked on it briefly, to diagnose the problem. Then the car sat for a second interval, less than a week, while they waited for parts.

That seems awfully high. Did you have Energy Saving on and Always Connected off?

I leave Energy Savings off and Always Connected is checked. For these extended stays the car sits in my garage (it is usually lower 40s in there at this time of the year). If I were to leave it at the airport I would set those controls in their opposite positions but I just Uber there instead.

After those 5 days or so the car has always gone unresponsive to the app. Just cuz I can I check once a day to see what the SOC is. And then it just stops responding until I unlock it and it boots up.

31 days because I was injured. Now I don't worry about leaving the cars (an X and S) unplugged for a week. I plugged them in when the range drops below 100 miles or I have a long drive. Both cars show minimal battery degradation.

I'm about to do that. How much range did you start off with and what was it when you got back?
As I recall, it's been a couple of years, I lost around 90 miles of range and the car was showing about 100 miles of range left. I usually charge my S to 200 miles of range. The car was garaged in southern California and it was in the spring.

As I recall, it's been a couple of years, I lost around 90 miles of range and the car was showing about 100 miles of range left. I usually charge my S to 200 miles of range. The car was garaged in southern California and it was in the spring.

Good to know. It should be Spring-ish in the NE so hopefully I won't lose too much range with the ambient temperature not below freezing anymore.