Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maximum battery charge level reduced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My final update for my 2014 Model S 530.000 km.
I returned from Vienna where they replaced the battery. This is the battery serial. Looks like it is a 2015 Reman. If you have additional info please let me know.
The battery appears to be healthy. When the car first got online I saw on the app ideal range on the cold battery 433 km.
After a while the ideal range dropped to 400km. Typical is 320 for 400 ideal. This is the range I had before the battery has died.
I have a cap on the voltage now. The cap is around 80% from all the available capacity. Correct me if I am wrong. I attached a picture with voltage at 100% at CHADEMO adapter. 394V charging complete and still charging at 30kw just before stop.
The warranty say that Tesla has to give me a battery with the same or better capacity. Looks like I got the same capacity. I discharged from 100 to almost 0% and I got 59.7kw.
The battery charges like new. I saw 100 kw at 30% and 40 kw charging speed at 90%. See the attached pictures.
Taking in to account the km of the car and that they let me use the same capacity I had before the error, I am OK with that. I would like to have it all, but I understand that they try to make sure this is the last battery they change for me in warranty. Limited to 80% I am sure the battery will go a long way.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Chargin 89.jpg
    Chargin 89.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 169
  • Charging 100.jpg
    Charging 100.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 165
  • SN.jpg
    SN.jpg
    547.8 KB · Views: 154
I returned from Vienna where they replaced the battery. This is the battery serial. Looks like it is a 2015 Reman. If you have additional info please let me know.
The battery appears to be healthy. When the car first got online I saw on the app ideal range on the cold battery 433 km.
After a while the ideal range dropped to 400km. Typical is 320 for 400 ideal. This is the range I had before the battery has died.
I have a cap on the voltage now. The cap is around 80% from all the available capacity. Correct me if I am wrong. I attached a picture with voltage at 100% at CHADEMO adapter. 394V charging complete and still charging at 30kw just before stop.
The warranty say that Tesla has to give me a battery with the same or better capacity. Looks like I got the same capacity. I discharged from 100 to almost 0% and I got 59.7kw.
The battery charges like new. I saw 100 kw at 30% and 40 kw charging speed at 90%. See the attached pictures.
Taking in to account the km of the car and that they let me use the same capacity I had before the error, I am OK with that. I would like to have it all, but I understand that they try to make sure this is the last battery they change for me in warranty. Limited to 80% I am sure the battery will go a long way.
Hope this helps.

Glad you got your car back! Yes I agree that if you normally charge to a lower state such as 80%, it's much better for the battery.

Hope this helps.

I noticed one more thing:
When I charge the car and it is cold outside, below 7-8 degrees Celsius, the battery heater comes on (can see it in the app) regardless if the range mode is on or of, and heating in the cabin is disabled until the battery is heated (5-10 minutes). Before, I never seen the cabin heater disabled.
Tesla called me after an email to them to check if everything is ok with my battery, they said everything is ok.
I think I am in a mode for maximum battery life, or they forgot to remove some limitations. They insist that everything is ok.

I just got pop-up 'Maximum battery charge level Reduced" I have 2015 P85 with 96300 miles on it. I baught it used last year from private party. The title says Year Manufactured 2013 but Year Sold 2015 so my question is Does warranty expires 8 years after sold date or Manufacture date?

I just got pop-up 'Maximum battery charge level Reduced" I have 2015 P85 with 96300 miles on it. I baught it used last year from private party. The title says Year Manufactured 2013 but Year Sold 2015 so my question is Does warranty expires 8 years after sold date or Manufacture date?

I believe you have a 2013 P85. There was no P85 made by Tesla in 2015. The battery and drive train begin when placed into service. Next question... when is that? When it was put into service as a loaner or first sale. I could see that this would depend on the state in which this occurred.

At one time, your Tesla account posted this info (when your battery/drive train warranty are up), but I could not find it in my account now.

What software version are you on at the time of the alert? What was your max range when charge to 100(98)%

Any others with this alert? It's been a while since we have heard from any owners getting this alert.

It is going down from 2-3 miles everyday but I thought it is cold weather may be that's why. But today warning sign popped up
Ah, not like what I and some others experienced. What is your full charge range? Will it even charge to 100%? Some of us lost 60-80% of range within a day and it simply wouldn't charge beyond a low percentage. For me, it showed 24% and but charge complete.

I sense a replacement battery may be in your future.

Ah, not like what I and some others experienced. What is your full charge range? Will it even charge to 100%? Some of us lost 60-80% of range within a day and it simply wouldn't charge beyond a low percentage. For me, it showed 24% and but charge complete.

I sense a replacement battery may be in your future.
It is at 220 miles right now and when I put it on charging it says charge complete

I have 193 miles battery left right now and if I put it on charging it says charging complete. Should I take it to Service Center?
As lightningltd said, schedule an appointment. They can remotely diagnose your battery. As soon as they determine whether you need a replacement battery, they will order one which could take a week or more (or less since you are in California). I had less than 40 miles, but enough to get back and forth to work. However, after a couple of days of that and the max SoC dwindling I got nervous. I called and dropped it off early and got a loaner. The SC understood and obliged. After a week or so, the battery arrived and was installed. Been good ever since, except the car now thinks it is a P90D.

Reactions: SmartElectric
2 weekends ago Saturday March 21st appeared the message "Maximum battery charge level reduced". I had 150km charged range and don't wary to much. (I live in a flat at Sofia, Bulgaria and use public CCS chargers mostly). At Sunday the message disappeared. At Monday I spoke with the support by phone and they told me that they can't see anything wrong but will monitor the battery and in case of ... will see.
Meanwhile something like 10% of the range disappeared and one more 10% disappeared and reappeared from time to time. Before that the range was 320km typical / 400km rated.
Last weekend Saturday March 28th the message appeared again. I had 45km charged range. Sunday the car downloaded an update. Monday I installed it. The message disappeared, but I had already reserved soonest possible appointment at Linz, Austria indeed April, 2nd.
Because of covid I can't leave the city that is why I load the car to a trailer, Tuesday she arrived at Linz. They serviced her earlier - April 1st. I call them and they told me that they will replace the battery. One week delivery. Estimation is for Friday April 10th everything to be done. So I'm waiting now

Attachments

• DSC_0993.JPG
    DSC_0993.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC_0996.JPG
    DSC_0996.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC_0997.JPG
    DSC_0997.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: SmartElectric
I got this error message last week, car charge complete about 45miles range. I leave the car site for couple days while waiting for mobile service. But this morning I get in the car, the error message was gone, I bring the car to supercharge And it charging normally(I have 2013 p85+). Seems I got no luck for battery replacement.