Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May 2022 Orders - when is your delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s happening?!

Just got the baseline text.

“Tesla Update - great news! Your Model Y (RNXXX) is expected to be delivered in the next several weeks.

We will be in touch with updates in the coming weeks and look forward to helping you take delivery of your Tesla.”
I got something very similar to that from my local delivery center a few days before my EDD telling me I’d only have 3 days to pick up the car and that I should finish all my tasks in the app. A few days later and one day into my EDD range, they moved it out by 11 days. :( the email came from an actual person at the delivery center so this morning I emailed her back just checking in for an update not actually expecting her to tell me anything substantive other than I should expect it during my new EDD. I haven’t heard back yet.

We were recently told by our SA that we should wait to do Tesla Financing after we officially receive the VIN.

We were also told 3 days from the time the vehicle is delivered “on-site”.

Wondering if I should reach out to her again and see if she can provide an additional update.
Safest bet to get your financing is indeed once you get the VIN especially if you're going with Tesla's financing. It's really when you are bringing in your own loan that you'll likely have to work with your agent to queue it up so that they have what they need for the pre approval > close.

I got a loan from a local CU and was able to do all of that within 2.5 days. Tesla didn't give me any heads up or the ability to postpone myself. It was just VIN, then overnight, locked in a home delivery date 3 days later. It was a new CU that I worked with just for this and it was only smooth on that side because the agent I was working with knew how to deal with Tesla auto purchase and was pretty damn quick.

• Informative
Reactions: Twiglett
yeah - I got the "hey its coming in a few weeks" txt as well, but still have the 4 week window in the app. I've had a one week window before without getting anything, so I'm waiting until there's a VIN and potential delivery date that isn't when we are away on vacation.
If its over vacation time, then I ain't ruining a vacation trying to rush through financing.
I figured with this many varied potential delivery windows, Tesla can fit to my schedule for a change ;)

yeah - I got the "hey its coming in a few weeks" txt as well, but still have the 4 week window in the app. I've had a one week window before without getting anything, so I'm waiting until there's a VIN and potential delivery date that isn't when we are away on vacation.
If its over vacation time, then I ain't ruining a vacation trying to rush through financing.
I figured with this many varied potential delivery windows, Tesla can fit to my schedule for a change ;)
I would definitely keep tabs with your SA just in case they ping you during your vacay. At the very least they know that you’re out. Good luck.

Reactions: Twiglett
I would definitely keep tabs with your SA just in case they ping you during your vacay. At the very least they know that you’re out. Good luck.
I don't have an SA yet, just some generic entity which is probably just an automated system.
At this stage with my Model 3 I knew the name of my SA and we exchanged phone calls/emails in preparation.
I'll wait until I'm in contact with an actual SA before bothering to organize financing and resubmit trade info etc.
I'm happy to get my car at a convenient point, not some crazed end of year panic ;)

Reactions: Kokukenji
I have ordered on model Y long range 7 seat on May 21st. And add tow hatch on July 1st do you think my order will be push? Mine keep showing Dec 2023 for a while. I am located in NY. It is affecting delivery date too? Is anyone have experience?

I have ordered on model Y long range 7 seat on May 21st. And add tow hatch on July 1st do you think my order will be push? Mine keep showing Dec 2023 for a while. I am located in NY. It is affecting delivery date too? Is anyone have experience?
Originally I have an EED of Dec 03 to 30. On Nov 2 I change the interior color from black to white. My EED has changed to Dec 2022.

I got something very similar to that from my local delivery center a few days before my EDD telling me I’d only have 3 days to pick up the car and that I should finish all my tasks in the app. A few days later and one day into my EDD range, they moved it out by 11 days. :( the email came from an actual person at the delivery center so this morning I emailed her back just checking in for an update not actually expecting her to tell me anything substantive other than I should expect it during my new EDD. I haven’t heard back yet.
Thanks for the info. I got the same generic text and was kind of wondering how close I really was to delivery or was gonna get pushed back. I still have a 4 week window Nov 28-dec 26 and was kinda hoping to wait til after January. Any info on how long after peoples got this text before they’re assigned a VIN? I’m reading after that is when we really need to prepare.

Thanks for the info. I got the same generic text and was kind of wondering how close I really was to delivery or was gonna get pushed back. I still have a 4 week window Nov 28-dec 26 and was kinda hoping to wait til after January. Any info on how long after peoples got this text before they’re assigned a VIN? I’m reading after that is when we really need to prepare.
don't worry, its automated and really just tells us to look at the app for dates, which continue to show the same ever changing date it always did :)
You are one day different to my dates.
I've been down to a 7 day window and am back out to a 4 week window again.
Having filled out my trade information twice so far, I've given up until they actually give me VIN. Then I'll do the trade and talk to my finance folks again.
Until then, I'll just sit and chill :D

Reactions: steelevt
No guarantee until a VIN is provided. It can rubber band a lot until then.

Reactions: steelevt
I ordered the MYLR with standard wheels, black interior, and tow hitch on May 1st of this year. Recently got a new window of Nov. 26 to Dec. 5, and then yesterday I received a text message that my Model Y has just departed the factory and is in transit to my delivery center (Mt. Kisco, NY). And today I see a VIN also, from the Fremont factory. Progress!
Delivery date is now confirmed for Nov. 22, beating the window of Nov. 26 to Dec. 5.

Stopped by the Tesla store at the mall yesterday and talked to one of the sales people. He said they are expecting a ton of cars to be delivered at the beginning of December. Not really sure what that means as I don’t think they do deliveries at the mall location and I didn’t have time to follow up. I assume he just meant they expect a lot of cars to be delivered in the San Diego area.