Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May 2022 Orders - when is your delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the same messages at the same time as you. I am a bit panicking because I have not been keeping up with the Tesla and im very out of the loop. And just this past week I started reading and learning a bit of the news. Most of all, my biggest worry is to get the EV Tax Credit for 2023. Here are some details:

Order placed: 5/21/22
Model Y LR 5 seater
White exterior with black interior
19” gemini

I have not been keeping exact track of the delivery dates, but I remember updates like this
- Feb/March 2023
- Jan/Feb 2023
- December 2023
- December 24 - 31
- December 6 - 31 ( at this point I got the 2 sms mentioned)
- November 27 - December 25 (today 11/16)

I have contacted the SA and asked if the delivery can be pushed to 1/1 and got a straight no as answer.

Is there something I can do to push back the date? Like adding paint color or other wheels? I dont have any VIN assigned as of today. Also I read some post mentioning a “hold on”/“hold off”? what is that, will that help me push the date to 1/1, and how can I ask for it? Sorry Im trying to rush into getting myself more informed about all of this. Any help or guidance to understand things will be much appreciated it.
I just texted back the number of "delievery in several weeks" to request a hold till mid of Jan. It replied in few hours to offer me no later then Feb 1st 2023. And we settled at 1/13 with confirmation email.

I just texted back the number of "delievery in several weeks" to request a hold till mid of Jan. It replied in few hours to offer me no later then Feb 1st 2023. And we settled at 1/13 with confirmation email.
Can you elaborate more on the number of “delivery in several weeks” part? Where does it state that? also, did you have a VIN already assigned when you requested the hold? I don’t have a VIN assigned right now, but Im also looking to change to Black exterior, 20” and add Tow Hitch in the hope that this would push my delivery date, not sure if that will help

I just got the same messages at the same time as you. I am a bit panicking because I have not been keeping up with the Tesla and im very out of the loop. And just this past week I started reading and learning a bit of the news. Most of all, my biggest worry is to get the EV Tax Credit for 2023. Here are some details:

Order placed: 5/21/22
Model Y LR 5 seater
White exterior with black interior
19” gemini

I have not been keeping exact track of the delivery dates, but I remember updates like this
- Feb/March 2023
- Jan/Feb 2023
- December 2023
- December 24 - 31
- December 6 - 31 ( at this point I got the 2 sms mentioned)
- November 27 - December 25 (today 11/16)

I have contacted the SA and asked if the delivery can be pushed to 1/1 and got a straight no as answer.

Is there something I can do to push back the date? Like adding paint color or other wheels? I dont have any VIN assigned as of today. Also I read some post mentioning a “hold on”/“hold off”? what is that, will that help me push the date to 1/1, and how can I ask for it? Sorry Im trying to rush into getting myself more informed about all of this. Any help or guidance to understand things will be much appreciated it.
You are entitled to delay till Feb 1st when your initial ordering EDD started.
I'd try contacting them again. Maybe through the Tesla phone # (not sure what that is) or via online chat (go to the Tesla site and look for the chat icon in bottom right corner to pop up) or text back to any message you've received.

Can you elaborate more on the number of “delivery in several weeks” part? Where does it state that? also, did you have a VIN already assigned when you requested the hold? I don’t have a VIN assigned right now, but Im also looking to change to Black exterior, 20” and add Tow Hitch in the hope that this would push my delivery date, not sure if that will help
The number which sent you "great news! Your Model Y (xxx) is expected to be delivered in the next several weeks.". That is different for each region (mine is 510-). I do not have VIN assigned. Just got several messages from that number including "expected to be delivered", "Trade in" etc in last few days. But I have several trips coming up, so requested the delay.

I received the text saying I'll get delivery "in the next few weeks." My EDD changed from Dec 2-31 to Dec 6-31.
I wish I could pick a date, say December 24th. or 31st. Then I'd know when to sell my current vehicle and move money into place. I may stop by at the dealer and ask.

With all the people trying to avoid the holiday week, I'd think they'd be happy to oblige!

I also got the message from 510 about 'great news.. expected to be delivered in the next several weeks'. I had EDD of Dec 24-31 till yesterday now today it is showing dec 1-31. When I replied to the message and requested a hold. It replied with this "Hello Sam, as there is no VIN assigned to your order, we are not able to put any hold on your order. Once a VIN is assigned, we'll be able to go over any options you have." Is this correct? Do you have to have vin assigned to put on a hold ? Forest88 did you have vin assigned on your online reservation?

I also got the message from 510 about 'great news.. expected to be delivered in the next several weeks'. I had EDD of Dec 24-31 till yesterday now today it is showing dec 1-31. When I replied to the message and requested a hold. It replied with this "Hello Sam, as there is no VIN assigned to your order, we are not able to put any hold on your order. Once a VIN is assigned, we'll be able to go over any options you have." Is this correct? Do you have to have vin assigned to put on a hold ? Forest88 did you have vin assigned on your online reservation?
Read another post where the words “MOVE ON” were texted back to Tesla to hold it….still waiting for text here though so can’t confirm

No VIN

OD 5/27/22 MYLR MSM standard everything........Just got a text from Tesla that my order is to be delivered in the next several weeks and they will be in touch with updates in the coming weeks for delivery. No VIN though. App is still telling me December 14-31 so don't know if they are just sending the text to be proactive? Was hoping to delay it to 1/1/23 for the tax credit. Don't know if it will happen now.
So today I received a VIN for a 2023 Fremont build with EDD of December 5-12. I contacted my SA through text asking them if I could put on hold until after 1/1/23 as that was my original EDD and when I was anticipating delivery. They had no problem and it will be on hold till then or when I click “I’m Ready”.

Reactions: steelevt
So today I received a VIN for a 2023 Fremont build with EDD of December 5-12. I contacted my SA through text asking them if I could put on hold until after 1/1/23 as that was my original EDD and when I was anticipating delivery. They had no problem and it will be on hold till then or when I click “I’m Ready”.
good to know they let you do that, i think because right now a lot of ppl cancel their orders cause there ton of new inventory on Tesla website, guess Tesla dont want anymore cancel

How do you contact the SA. I don't see the option anywhere in the app.

EDD starts today (Nov 22 - Dec 1). Got my VIN on Nov 15 and all my paperwork is complete and the car is paid for. Yesterday the SA told me the car was estimated to arrive on Nov 24, so I’m assuming my EDD will likely get pushed to the weekend or next week. Unless the delivery center is following Elon’s ‘extremely hardcore’ work ethic, I doubt they are working on Thanksgiving.